How many re-rolls did it take for you to get a perfect 3 sub ability?

How many times did it take to re-roll?

• 0 (Got a perfect 3 sub by just upgrading it with points)

Votes: 10 40.0%

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • 2-5

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • 6-10

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • 11-20

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • 21-30

• Lost count of how many times.

• I don't worry about perfect 3 sub abilities.

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
Because I'm just having the worse luck right now. I've been trying to re-roll for a perfect 3 every since last splatfest, I used every single Sea Snail, spent most of my cash, and the best I get was two of the same ability.

There were times where the perfect 3 subs just happened by upgrading the gear with points, and sometimes with just one roll, but not this time.

Anyone else getting unlucky with re-rolls?

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
I managed to get :shoes_sht006: with :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery: in like 3-5 rerolls.
Still struggling to get three same subs for my head gear.

Got my Shirt and Tie with :ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain: and :shoes_bot003: with :ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed: with regular level up though.

Last edited:

1o2

Inkling Cadet
Usually it takes me <10 rerolls to get perfect gear. I've gotten I believe 2 pieces of gear perfect in 1 reroll. I also had one set of boots perfect by natural leveling but since I thought multiple abilities were bad on 1 piece of gear (Judd said to diversify my gear, as there is the decreasing value per ability) I rerolled it. Funnily enough while rerolling it I got the 3 same subs again, and rerolled it.

I have yet to get the boots to have those same 3 subs again, even after throwing more money at Spyke than I'd like to admit

Polimario

Inkling
NNID
Polimario
I don't have any perfect 3 sub abilities. RNG hates me. Burnt all of my Sea Snails from the Marshmallows vs. Hotdogs Splatfest on trying to get 3 :ability_runspeed: on my :shoes_bot003: only for my best roll to be :ability_inksavermain::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:.

I forget what I used my Sea Snails from Pirates vs. Ninjas on, but it was a similar result.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I only re-roll my school set and due to the fact that it prefers no abilities, rolling a perfect is extremely rare on it. I ended up settling with just 2 of the same skill on each piece and just rolling with it. I will chalk it up to bad luck if you're re-rolling biased gear and still don't have a perfect. There's always a case of someone getting screwed by the RNG with games that use it. Just keep at it and it will happen at one point. I hope you finally get what you want soon.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I managed to get :shoes_bot004: with :ability_stealthjump::ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup: just by leveling it up. That was pretty fortunate. I don't use it much, but they come in handy when I use a roller.

I've already posted this several times, but I am super happy I managed to get a pure Squid Girl tunic which has :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage: in just 11 rerolls. Considering the odds of getting this are super low, I am still shocked it happened so soon.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
I have quite a few pieces of perfect gear, but that's because I tend to have a lot of Snails around and I'm not precious with them (or cash, for that matter). There is not a time for when Snails and cash would be better saved.

Average number of re-rolls for me is 6 or so. I think I got a perfect from just levelling, can't remember.

Also, I got a perfect level up on a Splatfest tee, which is such a waste of luck since you have to give it back ):^(

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The only perfect roll I've ever gotten was 3 Ink Saver (sub) on the Camo Jacket by leveling it up. I'm a bit sad that I decided to reroll it (mostly since it never got me anything good), but I don't think I would have used it much anyways :(

rndethan

Inkster Jr.
NNID
rndmuch
I've had perfect re-rolls before but it's never the correct ability that I want, so I just discard them.

Axeliira

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Axeliira
For my Pro Trail Boots (with the Bomb Sniffer), took me two rerolls to obtain 3 :ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup: (defense up). Haven't been able to obtain another perfect 3 since.

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion
I have about 6 or 7 perfect re-rolls and each one took a little over 10 tries. I recommend exploiting your save data in the Wii U settings. You get to save your Sea Snails and cash.

97Stephen

Pro Squid
I must have rolled one piece of gear 30 times and I still can't get it perfect. I don't know why I can't and it's really annoying.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I rolled my Red High Tops about 30 times and got no perfects. Rerolled countless other items to no avail.

Meanwhile, I got a perfect :shoes_sht004: by leveling it up and a perfect :clothes_shirt003: in about 3 rerolls.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
There is not a time for when Snails and cash would be better saved.
Don't say that too early. We don't know if Nintendo has some shenanigans planned for a later update...

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
Don't say that too early. We don't know if Nintendo has some shenanigans planned for a later update...
I sure hope not!

Even so, I think that for those of us that take the game sort of seriously, spending those snails on having "perfect" gear is probably worth more than waiting for something that might never come.

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
It really depends on how much of a jerk Splatoon's RNG feels like being. My Bike Helmet was perfect just by leveling it up, I only had to roll my Jungle hat like twice, some other gears have taken 20-30 rolls, and I've lost track of how many times I rerolled my Part-Time Pirate. But I'd say I'm in the 11-20 range on average, so there's my vote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom