how much better would reefslider be if it had global range

Santana

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2191-3534-0923
Everything with global range is bad for the game. Think missiles, wail, stingray.

stripes

Inkling
Pronouns
they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-1324-9025-8915
i honestly feel like this is the least of its problems. all this would do is give its cheese strats even safer places to start them from, which, i mean, yeah, would make it a bit stronger in the worst way possible. but most of the time its current amount of distance is sufficient i feel. it's basically everything else about it that needs to be redone

SquidAbortions

Senior Squid
I WOULD LIKE IT VERY MUCH

Everything with global range is bad for the game. Think missiles, wail, stingray.
Reef is different imo, It's not the same as missiles or wail or stingray. Reef isnt a projectile it's a close combat explosion

cipsbsndj

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0937-9859-6660
i don’t mean infinite range for the explosion i mean the rail doesn’t end it just goes as far as it can
discuss
Honestly, it’d be pretty funny if the explosion at the end painted the whole map every time you used the special

Abyss

Inkling
Pronouns
she/her
Switch Friend Code
SW-0059-3054-7720
Interesting, but what if you could also control it like a kart from Mario Kart.

Suchi

The Eternal Dualie Squelchers User
Premium
Switch Friend Code
SW-3685-3474-1994
Honestly, it’d be pretty funny if the explosion at the end painted the whole map every time you used the special
It has the same energy as hacking melee to make shine have infininte range and one hit ko

Catloafman

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Fella
It would be very funny if it also had infinite duration so you could slider into a corner and just stay there

Shayreep

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1285-8726-3991
I think along with endless rail it should also gain the ability to go thru walls

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
This wouldn't be the same as those though. There are zero maps in the game where you can just zip from one spawn to the other or even get at all close to doing that, so it would never feel infinite. You'd always get stopped by a wall or a ledge before you could get too far in most maps. Infinite range isn't inherently bad, like most people will tell you S1 Killer Wail was fine for example and the issue here is that if this were the only change to Reefslider it'd still be very unsafe unless the special started and ended out of others' lines of fire.

I still think it'd be really cool to bypass mid on some maps and basically get someone behind the enemies super easily. I doubt Nintendo would ever do it because it kinda breaks how the special is meant to be designed but it would make the special feel like it has a lot more purpose than a replacement Splashdown in a game with Splashdown. Kraken can kinda do this but this can do it without your team losing one of its main weapons for nearly as long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom