How much turf inked until "mastery" of weapon?

Apollo

Inkling
I realize it's more of a personal view and it varies a lot as you could have max turf inked with a weapon and still be awful with it/not as good as others who might only have 100k inked.
What do you think though? How much turf inked do you think you have to have with a weapon before you, generally, "master " it?

cwjakesteel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
cwjakesteel
How much turf inked do you think you have to have with a weapon before you, generally, "master " it?
1 point inked. I mastered the tri-slosher the minute I took it up. On the other hand, I've inked much more in the Splattershot Jr. and don't consider myself a master at that weapon, when the tri-slosher was first released. And now I have 300k with the tri-slosher compared to to 80k with the Jr.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I think certain weapons are mastered immediately after being used. Most shooters are easy to pick up once and be proficient with.

I mastered the Heavy Splatling the night it came out. It was quite surprising, considering it was so different from any weapons I had used before. Chargers on the other hand, are taking me a long time to master.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I think certain weapons are mastered immediately after being used. Most shooters are easy to pick up once and be proficient with.

I mastered the Heavy Splatling the night it came out. It was quite surprising, considering it was so different from any weapons I had used before. Chargers on the other hand, are taking me a long time to master.
Another large part of it is prior experience. Pick up the N-Zap 85 after maintaining the Dual Squelcher and you already have an advantage because they are both very similar weapons. However, skill with an Inkbrush often has little help when you try an E-Liter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom