• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

How often do you check the gamepad?

Shalnark

Full Squid
I check the gamepad several times per minute to see if an enemy is trying to flank or has beacons set up in troubling places. When I play ranked, I'm usually the only one of my team to notice these things, so I would like to know how many other people check their gamepads.

The Claw

Inkster Jr.
NNID
mariomario494949
I check based on my play style. If I'm playing supportive then I usually stay in base and check the gamepad for anybody trying to get in. If I'm playing aggressive I usually approach without looking at the gamepad to avoid the risk of getting splatted off screen.

jason1637

Senior Squid
NNID
jason1637
Mostly in tower control but most times when were losing i check the gamepad.

Rex

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Xerhid
It depends on the map. I check about every 30-60 seconds in Arowana, Kelp, or Bluefin, but infrequently on others, as I don't seem to have time.

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
Generally,I check the gamepad after dying (obv to know if I can super jump somewhere or not), to check for beacon or then I'm panaroid of someone attempting to flank me.

Summerlycoris

Inkster Jr.
NNID
summerlycoris
I try to look at the gamepad whenever it's quiet. That way I can see if any enemies have sneaked into our base or past a chokepoint we were holding, as well as where there's none of our ink. Also when respawning, just to see where I should go next.

Dano

Inkling
NNID
DanosauR
Regularly checking the GamePad map can be the difference between a great player, and an amazing player.

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
Generally,I check the gamepad after dying (obv to know if I can super jump somewhere or not), to check for beacon or then I'm panaroid of someone attempting to flank me.
Pretty much this~

And, also to check on the team's current progress.

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
I don't check the map that often (probably because I have echo activated) but I should...

Dragonuto

Pro Squid
Community Ambassador
NNID
Dragonuto
Every time I Splat someone and just generally when I have a breather!

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
when I'm not doing something that requires a lot of attention I like to peer down at it really quick like it's the speedometer on my car. the more at ease I feel the longer I'll let myself look at it in general.

Astrious

Inkling
NNID
Westy215
At any safe moment (Like when I'm refilling ink) or when I'm waiting out an enemy and just about any opportunity I get. You can basically ID where any advancing opponent is and where they are going. In pre-made lobbies I've saved several teammates by simply calling out a flanking person heading towards a teammate because of the ink being spread. It's a very valuable resource that gets overlooked due to the risk associated with looking away from the screen.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Looking on the map can be vital, especially early on when everyone is getting into the center or a position. I try to look on the gamepad as much as I can without missing something on the TV screen. Especially when you see an echolocator going off from your team, you should peek at the map instatly, as everyone will be marked then. You get the lines on the screen, but the map can be even more detailed, e.g. with showing their movement direction.

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
Every time I die, and when I'm on the way towards the fighting area in a large map, to see where enemy ink is being laid so I can launch a surprise attack.

ShelbyPlayz

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ShelbyPlayz
I check the map when I die in a weird spot really, jjust to see if I can wim anywhere else!

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
I usually check the map after i get splatted. It lets you know where your team stands in a match, and for super jumping of course

Cobbs

Senior Squid
NNID
CCobbs
I don't like headaches so not that often. Probably my least favourite aspect of this game, which is assuredly due to Nintendo's stubbornness, but all I want is an on-screen map option. I don't care if Nintendo wants us all to NOT get headaches from swapping screen focus all the time, I can't help it.

I check it when I need to see new important areas on the map, when I'm inkstriking, when I'm jumping to teammates, and when I'm splatted. Looking at it anymore would make the headaches so much worse.

Dreamy Luigi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DreamyZack
Mostly when I respawn to check where to Super Jump, but most of the time I'm focused on the screen and going towards any enemy color I see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom