Minty!

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-2452-0470-2345
Having a scope on your charger changes three things:

- Narrows and zooms vision when charging
- Prevents charges to be held in squid form
- Extends reach of the charger

Many players chose to use a scope in order to increase the range of their weapon. Should you? Before choosing to use a scope or not, it's worth educating yourself on how exactly distance works with chargers.

Hopefully, you should know that tapshots don't reach as far as fully charged shots. But how far do half shots go? Quarter shots? And how are any of those ranges changed with a scope?

Range by charge of every charger

Charger Guide.png

Black is the length of tapshots. White is the length of charged shots. Greys are the in-betweens on increments of quarters.
(For Gootuber, I'm basing the charges off its overall charge from tapshot to fully charged. This disregards it's new (but cool) double charge circle)

IMPORTANT OBSERVATIONS
- Scoped weapons only add to their range at full charge. Anything else is the same as without the scope.
- Tapshots of each weapon (but gootuber and bamboozler) are the same.
- Bamboozler's tapshots are the same range as their charged shots.
- Range increases slightly exponentially. The distance between a 3/4 shot and a charged shot is longer than the distance between a tapshot and a 1/4 shot.

Chosing a scope only gives you advantages on your snipes, and not your close-range combat. Even then, the range it does give is significant. What do you chose when playing chargers?

Special thanks to Junior Guy for taking time to join me in private battle and help get data on the charge lengths of every charger

RubberCF

Senior Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2041-7487-3622
It should be noted, snipewriter has the same range as splatterscope. Its technically a tiny tiny bit more, because the hitbox it bigger, but it is extremely slight (same thing for bamboo and goo tuber). Its painting range makes it look longer because the painting range is strangely far on snipewriter.
otherwise very cool and informative post!

Minty!

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-2452-0470-2345
It should be noted, snipewriter has the same range as splatterscope. Its technically a tiny tiny bit more, because the hitbox it bigger, but it is extremely slight (same thing for bamboo and goo tuber). Its painting range makes it look longer because the painting range is strangely far on snipewriter.
otherwise very cool and informative post!
Believe me or don't, I made last minute changes to both the snipewriter's and bamboozler's ranges after I tested their painting ranges to make sure I had their differences correct. I think you're entirely correct. When I had the lengths based off of laser-length, pencil & splatterscope and gootuber & bamboozler were much closer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom