how to crableg capital?

guster-animations

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/them
i’m a slosher player and i’ve always struggled to win on crableg, especially clams. my team is easily surrounded and it’s hard to push up or make any long pushes
(our comp for this mapmode is usually hedit, vshot/nautilus, and range blaster/52)
any advice with playing on this map?

Kyber

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-5241-4285-0340
Some advice I've gotten is to play safely and for special before starting a push. Crableg has a lot of room to paint, but it can be easy to get splatted quickly if someone is even just a little bit forward / in an unideal position. I say definitely lean more into running Shot here, because Zooka is really good for entry and for splatting anyone on the grates. Try as much as possible to also pop Cooler before your team pushes in.

For pushes on Clams specifically, It helps to have maybe 1-2 people pushing the grate / bridge that leads to the top right, while the rest of the team pushes onto the ramp. I say position your 52 player top right, since they might have an easier time splitting attention with their wall for defense vs on the ramp where the enemy was probably going to focus their fire anyway. If you're Cooler'd you can also position yourself on Slosher and/or your Range player top right, because the higher ground top right favors both of your weapon ranges a bit more. Or, you could also take the block on the left onto the enemy plat, which is a bit faster and might distract the enemy better if they're defending / spawning in. Your Hedit is probably going to be running a Power Clam(?) so they can position on the ramp while your shot covers them (ideally Zooka first then clearing a path in front of whoever the Clam carrier is)

tl;dr - On Crableg play a bit safer, play for special, and take positions that split the attention on pushes, esp in clams. Hope this helps!

guster-animations

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/them
Some advice I've gotten is to play safely and for special before starting a push. Crableg has a lot of room to paint, but it can be easy to get splatted quickly if someone is even just a little bit forward / in an unideal position. I say definitely lean more into running Shot here, because Zooka is really good for entry and for splatting anyone on the grates. Try as much as possible to also pop Cooler before your team pushes in.

For pushes on Clams specifically, It helps to have maybe 1-2 people pushing the grate / bridge that leads to the top right, while the rest of the team pushes onto the ramp. I say position your 52 player top right, since they might have an easier time splitting attention with their wall for defense vs on the ramp where the enemy was probably going to focus their fire anyway. If you're Cooler'd you can also position yourself on Slosher and/or your Range player top right, because the higher ground top right favors both of your weapon ranges a bit more. Or, you could also take the block on the left onto the enemy plat, which is a bit faster and might distract the enemy better if they're defending / spawning in. Your Hedit is probably going to be running a Power Clam(?) so they can position on the ramp while your shot covers them (ideally Zooka first then clearing a path in front of whoever the Clam carrier is)

tl;dr - On Crableg play a bit safer, play for special, and take positions that split the attention on pushes, esp in clams. Hope this helps!
thank you!!

zyf_

Pro Squid
unless you want to kraken cheese, easily the best way to push on crableg clams is to crab through their top right grates and send a friend
you'll also benefit tremendously from a mobile long ranged weapon that can push people back from the grates without having to fully cross them
but you can also sneak in as a short range player if you have good awareness

assuming you're talking abt doing things in a competitive setting, here's a demonstration + if you listen to comms you can hear me problem solving as we're playing (we forgot the crab lol, also this is a scrim to stay warm before bracket, not an actual set):

Last edited:

Setu

I don't think slosher is too bad of a pick there honestly, just gotta play around the mid walls and poke for kills from the low grounds. Outside of those areas you just gotta stick with a frontline shooter and then poke above the ledges near the goal. Zones is another story though... doesn't paint well enough and gets exposed easily by backlines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom