• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

How to deal with Dynamo Swim Spee Nerf

SydVicious

Inkling
NNID
Rugal-Bernistein
One swim speed up main solve the - 10% nerf???

Im confuse because the ink calcultor says one swim speed up main recover the Swim Speed nerf,but Splatools say one swim speed up recovery only 6% of speed lost.

Who that calculator is right??

karl childers

Full Squid
Ninja Squid requires more than a single main of swim speed up to completely remove the speed reduction so this might too.

I feel sorry for Dyanamo mains who have to change their builds now, but I don't feel the nerf was uncalled for (though 10% does seem a little heavy-handed).

Rabite

Inkster Jr.
NNID
cboyd1987
Less popular opinion: You could just be fashionably late to the party and take the 10% speed reduction.

There's an intent with this patch to force users of weapons like the dynamo roller to make tougher choices about their gear. Try keeping with your favorite build before attempting to compensate for lost swim speed, the changes might just necessitate a slightly different play style instead.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
We'll have to wait a bit longer and see how it runs tomorrow night when the update hits. If it is like Ninja Squid though, it will need at least 1 main to counter slightly. Two to three subs and 1 main to counter entirely. I think 1 main Swim Speed may be enough to counter it and bring the Dynamo back up to speed even if not fully counter it. Splatoon decided to be nice last night and gave me a triple Special Charge on my Squid Hairclip (exactly what I was searching for in a piece of gear) so that solves my issue with the Swim Speed. I plan to just switch out my Ink Saver hat for the Hairclip. :)

It's definitely something for us to play around with builds and such to find the right balance.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
We'll have to wait a bit longer and see how it runs tomorrow night when the update hits. If it is like Ninja Squid though, it will need at least 1 main to counter slightly. Two to three subs and 1 main to counter entirely. I think 1 main Swim Speed may be enough to counter it and bring the Dynamo back up to speed even if not fully counter it. Splatoon decided to be nice last night and gave me a triple Special Charge on my Squid Hairclip (exactly what I was searching for in a piece of gear) so that solves my issue with the Swim Speed. I plan to just switch out my Ink Saver hat for the Hairclip. :)

It's definitely something for us to play around with builds and such to find the right balance.
Whenever I play the Dynamo, I usually stack lots of Quick Respawn, as you trade often or get splatted just before your swing activates. I haven't played Dynamo as much recently, but my current set has 3 Mains and 3 subs of QR stacked. I already have my idea for a build, which involves sacrificing my Backwards Cap (1 main, 2 subs of QR) for my Squid Hairclip, which after one reroll got 3 QR subs. I'll still use the Squid Satin Jacket (QR main & 3 Special Saver subs) and the same shoes, so I'll have 2 mains, 4 subs of QR, 1 main of Swim Speed, 3 subs of SS, and 2 subs of QSJ (my Biker Boots have the 2 x QSJ and 1x QR). I've also got other ideas, like using the Squid Girl shoes and going for 3 QR subs, or purifying them and using the same hat as before. If I use the QR style, I can get the Zekko Black Arrowbands with their 3x Special Saver as an alternative to counter special loss, or if I go for the pure format, I'll go for the Skalop Tenacity hat (or shiny a Tenacity hat for 3x Swim Speed and having the QR Squid Girl shoes).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom