How to get more points.

MaxwellsTime

Inkster Jr.
NNID
MaxwellsTime
So I've been playing Splatoon (like all of us) and I've realised I'll do the best I can but only get around 700 points while my teammates get 1k+?

MINUS

The Once and Future King
NNID
TRUEB7UE
My best guess is it's based on your overall effort (Area covered, KDR, and who knows what else).

I usually focus ink control over kills and top out in the 1000s nearly every time (usually 1st or 2nd place) on a win and on a loss near 650~700 range.

The Claw

Inkster Jr.
NNID
mariomario494949
I would suggest focusing on covering open spots and enemy ink and if I can recall last time I played, inking walls won't grant you any points, correct?

Chaozrush21

Full Squid
NNID
dotmae
I average 1000-1150 per match how is it luck
How is that luck? Because going on Turf War is like a gambling on a slot machine. Sometimes your team will be full of good players and sometimes you'll have to carry the team and it can sometimes be too hard to carry. Most of the time it's the later for me. And I'm not the only person that has that problem. Haedox also said that Turf War is luck based.

baronfel

Inkster Jr.
NNID
baronfel
I would suggest focusing on covering open spots and enemy ink and if I can recall last time I played, inking walls won't grant you any points, correct?
How is that luck? Because going on Turf War is like a gambling on a slot machine. Sometimes your team will be full of good players and sometimes you'll have to carry the team and it can sometimes be too hard to carry. Most of the time it's the later for me. And I'm not the only person that has that problem. Haedox also said that Turf War is luck based.
Points aren't though. You can get points easy and should be in the 700+ even as a loser if you're 'carrying' the team.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
Points are a bad indicator of player skill. Not the worst per se, and I like them simply because it does allow bad players to feel like they've done something for the team (and they are contributing, just not as dynamically as many others), but doing well in this game has very little to do with your point score. If you want to score well, be the guy that covers the base and cover all the big areas you can. The guys who stand guard and watch certain areas or who focus on watching flank or ambushing will likely score a lot less well than the player who, even if he dies a lot more than he kills, covers all the big areas of turf he can. Not bashing on said player, but the point system in this game is too simple to be really indicative of a player's ability. There are lots of roles you can work that are super important but won't score you a good amount of points.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta

I will carry my team no matter what. It's not luck.

ZeroParadox

Senior Squid
NNID
ZeroParadox
I noticed that even when I was winning, if the match was pretty even and we could only effectively control half of the map at a time, I'd usually top out at 700-900 points. Unless you're constantly making pushes into enemy territory or sweeping up large amounts of paint in general, you're probably not gonna get much more than that, since during even games you're really just patching up a few spots here and there, and denying pushes.

Then again I'm not 100% sure what contributes to the points completely, because I remember getting 1000 something points with a charger and, while I am spearheading assualts when using it, I'm not sure it's coverage is what's really getting me all those points.

bluekentuckyboy

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
bluekentuckyboy
Also you may get more points by using paint covering weapons like the aerospray or jr.

I can get 1000 points easily with rapid fire weps due to me constantly covering ground and killing people. However when I use the charger, even in my best match I got 900 points. I covered a lot of ground, but my main focus with charger is killing players so THEY cannot get points. Due to this, even though I had a good round (8-1 kdr I think), I still was third in points.

MaxwellsTime

Inkster Jr.
NNID
MaxwellsTime
Hmm, see I tried using the Roller to get more points but I got around the same as just using a normal gun... Do kills matter at all?

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
Also you may get more points by using paint covering weapons like the aerospray or jr.

I can get 1000 points easily with rapid fire weps due to me constantly covering ground and killing people. However when I use the charger, even in my best match I got 900 points. I covered a lot of ground, but my main focus with charger is killing players so THEY cannot get points. Due to this, even though I had a good round (8-1 kdr I think), I still was third in points.
As a suggestion, the first 2 minutes you should focus on spreading ink. When last minute rolls around try and get yourself somewhere high and focus on killing the opposing team and pushing them back as much as possible. I had a few 1300 point matches with charger but it's very demanding to play with all the clicking and my hands are getting old lol.

Setu

As a suggestion, the first 2 minutes you should focus on spreading ink. When last minute rolls around try and get yourself somewhere high and focus on killing the opposing team and pushing them back as much as possible. I had a few 1300 point matches with charger but it's very demanding to play with all the clicking and my hands are getting old lol.
I honestly feel like no matter who uses the splattershot (jr) or the aerospray pretty much gets around 200 points more than if they use any other weapon. Its rare when I see 1k+ points for any other weapon. I personally feel like I do well with other weapons when I try them but I end up with 700-800 pts, hopefully the point system/ranking system is different for ranked battles.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
If you want to see terrible points try dynamo roller.

I'm pretty sure devs put it in as a joke.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
I noticed that even when I was winning, if the match was pretty even and we could only effectively control half of the map at a time, I'd usually top out at 700-900 points. Unless you're constantly making pushes into enemy territory or sweeping up large amounts of paint in general, you're probably not gonna get much more than that, since during even games you're really just patching up a few spots here and there, and denying pushes.

Then again I'm not 100% sure what contributes to the points completely, because I remember getting 1000 something points with a charger and, while I am spearheading assualts when using it, I'm not sure it's coverage is what's really getting me all those points.
It should just be covering turf. the turf that is controlled is counted up in points as well, if you look under the percentages, so it wouldn't make sense for anything else to be points. You can get 1000 points with charger pretty easily if you focus a little more on covering with it and being mobile than watching chokes and stuff, which your assault comment made me think is more your playstyle, along with the 300 point bonus you get for winning of course. Mobile charger seems really fun.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Shoot more of the enemy's ink than stuff that isn't covered so you both gain control and remove theirs, also try to get high ground and shoot at an upward angle so you cover more ground at a time. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom