Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Can't be better!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hikaru54

Pro Squid
NNID
Dillator
I really want to make a guide but I'm scared that it will get bad ratings because of things that are missing or just because my guide is bad in it's entirety.

So if anyone could tell me what in their eyes is a good guide then that would be really appreciated! You could also send me examples of "good" guides so I have an example that I can follow.

What I would also really appreciate is that you all review my guide after it's finished!

I thank you all for reading and (hopefully!) giving me tips!

PS: Shouldn't there be a guide about how you make guides?

Mr. 9

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
interesting_deal
Well from reading your post it sounds like you really want to do a good job, which is commendable! Based on that alone I’m sure your guide will turn out just fine. As an S+, here are some things that I think about before choosing a weapon in this game:

1) What is the best combat play style for this weapon? Is it hyper aggressive, more of a hang-back/support role, or something in between?

2) How can you use this weapon to combat the other classes of weapons in the game? For example, your combat strategy with the Luna Blaster against another Luna Blaster or vs. a Charger should be very different.

3) What is the role of this weapon in different game modes? Are there some game modes which make this weapon a particularly effective choice? Note that, for example, though some weapons are pretty bad at inking, that doesn’t mean that they don’t belong in turf wars or splat zones. However, their role may well change in these roles.

4) Are there variants of the weapon that have clearly superior loadouts to other versions? If not, does the loadout you choose significantly impact the playstyle? For example, the Carbon Roller relies on sneaking up on enemies and splatting them at close range. However, the loadout with burst bombs allows you to rack up kills at significant range if you are good with them.

5) What types of gear abilities will help to compliment this weapon and its loadout the best? Why? There may be many abilities that go nice with a weapon for different reasons. Also, the gear abilities which complement the weapon and those which complement its sub may be quite different.

6) If you really want to go above and beyond, mentioning a few map related tips would certainly do the trick. For example, if you are a sniper, where are the best sniping points for a given map?

Finally, since you’re writing a guide, assume that your readers aren’t necessarily any good with the weapon or at Splatoon at all. This means don’t assume any fact is obvious to your readers, even those facts that would be obvious to players who have been around a while. Also, what weapon are you thinking of writing for? As I’m sure you know, the members in this community are very knowledgeable about the game and could give you specific points to highlight for your guide that possibly have not occurred to you yet.

Anyway, that’s all from me. Good luck writing!

PS: My day was good, thanks for asking. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom