How to Make H-3 Good?

It’s Wolf!

Inkling
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1519-1490-1330
The H-3 NOZZLENOSE is known for being pretty mid. It’s a shame seeing such a fun weapon fall from grace over the years, and I’ve been wondering what could be done to make it viable again.

current thoughts:

Golden H-3 NozzleNose Kit: Suction Bomb, Suction

5 frames less startlag

47 damage per shot

i have no idea if this would make it “good” or just annoying. I’m no competitive player.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Less end lag and the reversion of ink efficiency nerfs from Splatoon 2 should make the weapon considerably more effective. Personally, though, I think H-3 deserves to be the strongest shooter in the game, so I would also buff its burst fire rate by a couple of frames. More damage isn’t really necessary; the weapon needs to play faster in order to keep up with the game’s stronger options.

DzNutsKong

Inkling Commander
I doubt even an insane kit would save it. The main weapon is too slow and not nearly consistent enough. I think something nice would be to reduce the amount of time between its three shots so your aim doesn't need to be as ludicrous for it to be able to kill stuff.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
i've been saying for a bit now that i think this weapon could use some HUGE buffs, simply because it would be such an insanely satisfying weapon to play and to spectate if it was good at getting kills

less end lag for sure is a buff it should get, i'm also in favor of the fire rate buff (though it seems unlikely; has nintendo ever changed the firerate of a shooter? i know this is only kind of a shooter but i think it would still be unprecedented), less time before getting to fire another burst would be nice (only by a few frames max though because i think the downtime between shots should stay a significant weakness of the weapon), maybe better paint idk?
there's a ton of knobs you could tweak for this weapon and i think multiple of them should be bumped up. pretty much the only thing that i think doesn't need changing is its damage actually, it's already some of the best damage a 3-shot shooter could get and increasing it more doesn't really do much for it (other than overall DPS, which gets increased by those other firerate buffs anyway)

i sincerely hope this happens next patch i love h-3 as a weapon but i don't like playing it right now, it's so hard and it feels like the reward you get for learning it isn't nearly as high as it should be

It’s Wolf!

Inkling
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1519-1490-1330
I doubt even an insane kit would save it. The main weapon is too slow and not nearly consistent enough. I think something nice would be to reduce the amount of time between its three shots so your aim doesn't need to be as ludicrous for it to be able to kill stuff.
Oh the misery

NeoXVIII

Inkster Jr.
The burst weapons could honestly be made to auto fire if you hold down the fire button.

Ending lag could be reduced so you can get to running or swimming in between shots. Strafe speed and Run Speed Up stacking could also increased. L-3 could be changed into a Lightweight?

Good kits wouldn't hurt, tbh. They could even get a lower special point amount because of all the downtime and extremely low turf output, like both H-3 kits have a non inking sub and special. L-3 is a bit better in this regard but can't really out ink weapons in its niche. Better ink efficiency would also be nice so you could use your sub in between bursts more often. Or maybe a bigger foot droplet so you can strafe better as you fire.

Their gimmick has to be speed in between the uptime, not sure what else you could do with them. They struggle to acheive the same things other short-mid shooters take for granted, and only get halfway there before they're stopped by a faster, longer ranged, or both weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom