How to pick a main??

S3LKIE

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
She/Her
Hey hey! I was just wondering if anyone had tips on how to pick a main weapon or like a more focused weapon pool. Because I play weapons like splat dualies and wiper, stamper but also z+f and pencil. So, I’ve got no idea how to pick like the type of weapon to play. Any help would be much appreciated!! thanks

dabearsss

Inkster Jr.
It sounds like you have a good variety of weapons already! If you truly want to main something then picking one and really grinding on it would be the best way to go, but otherwise this is a fairly diverse set of playstyles if you wanna round yourself out more.

ragingpluto

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-2402-0807-8415
the best thing about splatoon is you don't have to main anything, literally just try out every weapon in the game until you one-star it, takes a long time but worth it imo

that way you'll have ample time to figure out if you like a weapon or not and then u can continue on with mastering it to the best of your ability

turtle4k

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6639-0317-3888
Hey hey! I was just wondering if anyone had tips on how to pick a main weapon or like a more focused weapon pool. Because I play weapons like splat dualies and wiper, stamper but also z+f and pencil. So, I’ve got no idea how to pick like the type of weapon to play. Any help would be much appreciated!! thanks
you dont necessarily need to pick 1 main, but a series of weapons that are part of a similar playstyle. some weapons like glooga and stamper are really only viable if you play them exclusively and put all your time into them. if you prefer dualie and wiper, you can put time into similar weapons and same with pencil and zfin

joe???

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4284-1031-3060
I think limiting yourself to 1 weapon or 2 similar weapons is a good place to start. Playing too many weapons especially of totally different playstyles makes it hard to be consistent and when you are starting out its best to stick to a simple weapon pool so you don't overwhelm yourself with trying to figure out the proper positioning for so many roles. Also if you plan on playing in a team often your teammates will appreciate it if they expect relatively the same thing out of you every time you play and not a different role every scrim or tourney.

reelrollsweat

Semi-Pro Squid
a good way to make a weapon pool is pick a weapon you like and try out weapons w/ similar playstyles to it, for example if you already like zf and pencil you could try some other backlines like eliter, ballpoint, tristringer and see if you enjoy them ^^ theres nothing wrong with having a varied weapon pool tho, its good to be able to flex to different playstyles when you need

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom