How to survive krakens?

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
Always keep an area of ink behind you for an escape route.
Absolutely this. Your only option is to run away, so you need to prepare for that by making sure your paths to safety are inked up. This is good practice regardless of Krakens.

I've seen games won and lost depending on whether a team remembered to ink the walls in the lowered area of Blackbelly Skatepark. Successfully retreating, regrouping and retaliating is how you turn a losing game around.

River09

Inkling Cadet
NNID
King_Felix
The absolute best thing you can do with the kraken is to make them overextend. A lot of players will become overly aggresive with kraken chasing down players using their invincibility. If you can lead them into enemy ink right when their special meter is depleting you have basically secured the splat. Or alternatively hide in your ink and they are turned away from you when they come out of kraken that's another way to splat them.

However actively repelling them is also a good option. Shooting and using splash wall work well. Keeping your distance from them means you won't die from them. You only have to worry when they turn out of kraken because they then have range, 96 decos especially.

Challenging them with another kraken I wouldn't recommend because krakens can still super jump to safety and smart players will. It does make them retreat but still it seems like a waste imo.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
I like to chase them down and kill them. Nice little trail leading right to the prize. Run away in a wide circle and kill it once done.

Maybe swim speed up?

I've never successfully repelled one with shooting it.
I've repelled them from hitting me with my aerospray RG

Loolsaasmeem

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Loolsaasmeem
If there are any walls nearby, or basicly anything that will block his view, just swim there and stay still. This is why I love enemy kraken, they just swim around and have no clue where you are. Best case scenario: they bumb into you, but don´t realize you are there (makes me laugh every time:D)

NNID
Brickmaster2.0
If you can hide in your own ink out of their immediate line of sight, they can swim right over you and won't splat you. I've done this a few times: it feels so good splatting a Kraken-user after they've literally run right over your hiding spot. :)

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
If you can hide in your own ink out of their immediate line of sight, they can swim right over you and won't splat you. I've done this a few times: it feels so good splatting a Kraken-user after they've literally run right over your hiding spot. :)
You have to try making them go the opposite direction where you currently are; I think I've only been able to do it once, but man was it cool :cool:

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
You need stealth swim (Which I usually go for) but yeah I've done this too!

GirlyMii

Senior Squid
NNID
Miipopal
You have to constantly hit it, so any miss can allow them to still reach you.
Ditto this
I use an n-zap89. Give yourself a little space and push back while shooting at its head.

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
I normally stop moving or play squidtrotting so the kraken don't see me. Quick jumping if it's safe is a good second option for me.

Squidderp

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Mr.Dorito
I use the sploosh-o-matic a lot and even with it's absurd rate of fire the krakens still swim right through my bullets and straight to me.
Well, of course. The Sploosh-O-Matic has less accuracy than if you hurled inkballs blind at your target. From my experience, no more than a third of the bullets will actually hit. Combine that with the range, and you really can't go fighting Krakens with it. Just run in dumb circles or pull a Bubbler.

WesFX

Inkling
NNID
wesfx7
I find not moving (or moving slowly enough to not cause a wave) while in your own ink one of the most successful options.

Cukee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Cukee1
Most krakens tend to move after anything that moves, I just hide in my ink and release a seeker, most the time they chase it and by the time the realize I'm in safe distance and sometimes in splat distance (.52 Gal).

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
The thing about Krakens is that they have a worst turn arc I've ever seen, so if you can't shoot them down (which is impossible anyways unless there's 2 people with weapons of high rates of fire), ducking away slightly to the side and stealthily moving in the direction the kraken came from is a pretty good idea.
Going up a wall, then jumping OFF the wall back to the ground and running away is also a really good idea too, the Kraken is powerful, but isn't even half as mobile as a regular squid, just utilize all your movement options and 4/5 times you should be able to slip by.

Worst case scenario is getting hit with an Echolocator and having a Kraken after you, in which case you better be runnin, squid.

cerozer0

Inkling
NNID
CeroZer0
As an avid Kraken user, I find that the most annoying thing is when the enemy darts to the side. As mentioned many times above Krakens have a poor turning radius and it will effectively slow them down if you keep turning in circles. Also, Krakens that constantly jump are easy to keep back with repetitive shooting or flicking, I managed to keep an always jumping kraken off my back with an Octobrush (and let me tell you I cried tears of joy afterwards)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom