• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

How well do you think Splatoon is being advertised?

theblackbird

Senior Squid
NNID
ProminenceF
I say if we get a dedicated Splatoon Direct sometime next month before launch, it'll be really hard to say they didn't give it everything they've got. Considering how a bunch of bigger titles have been getting dedicated Directs lately, and the force they're putting into promoting Splatoon, I'd say it's looking pretty likely that we'll see one.
Welp. There ya go.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
It's okay. They actually advertised it through youtube buy inviting prominent youtubers to their headquarters to demo the game.

But they can always do more like doing more online/cable ads.

I'll probably will never see any of this because of where I live.

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse
I think they've been doing pretty well with all the events they are having for it and that one cheesy commercial.

DaKid

Pro Squid
-Twitter
-Tumblr
-At every gaming event they attend
-Japan Livestreams
-Game Truck
-Mess fest event
-APEX
-Hand-on Previews all of which have gotten great praise
-In every Nintendo Direct since announced
-Early advertisement in stores

Commercials are soon to come probably before the Direct in the US there's already one in French. Nintendo has been pushing this game hard, I'd say even harder than Smash and Kart.

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
this seems like a good place for this question: are there any demos out yet? including demos in stores

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
Nintendo UK recently partnered with PrettyGreen to do their PR. Splatoon is their main focus, so I'm looking forward to seeing much more exciting, flashy, and overall hype ads for Splatoon in the future.

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
-Twitter
-Tumblr
-At every gaming event they attend
-Japan Livestreams
-Game Truck
-Mess fest event
-APEX
-Hand-on Previews all of which have gotten great praise
-In every Nintendo Direct since announced
-Early advertisement in stores

Commercials are soon to come probably before the Direct in the US there's already one in French. Nintendo has been pushing this game hard, I'd say even harder than Smash and Kart.
Direct has been confirmed. It's at 7am next week today. (5/7/2015, IDK the timezone 7am was at the moment)

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
Aggressive advertising/marketing campaigns are typically done a 1-3 months before a release little by little we have gotten Amiibo info, tidbits on weapons, minor game mechanic info, etc. I am sure after the Splatoon Direct they will start a media blitz since it's go time. I mean, Splatoon was brought to my attention at E3 2014 and to me, this doesn't really seem like Nintendo has advertised pushed it enough. I didn't see any Project Steam commercials or adverts after Pax East, till the week the game was launched.

Kind of concerning to me because I want this game to succeed, none of my friends really care to play it but they don't like shooters. Other friends think this game looks too kiddie. Kills me because they're clueless as to how fun it really is. To illustrate my point, I haven't loved a Nintendo IP this much since I was introduced to Metroid in the 80's.

I'd also be lying if I said I was not concerned about the net code for this game. Mario Kart 8 launch was awful online. Smash is peer to peer and is still a lag fest in most cases. I have 320 down and 22 up I'm paying $70 a month to not be able to play games fluidly, well Mario Kart is fine now but I can race maybe 3 races before I get over it again ha.

I'm playing regardless. I'll be playing as long as there is still a population playing online.

Siledh

Senior Squid
NNID
Siledhrel
You've got the beanie for Game pre-orders in the UK. Nintendo UK offered a t-shirt with their pre-orders and sent out all registered customers an email about when to pre-order the game and amiibos.

Apart from that, I've seen very little, but I neither watch TV nor read magazines anymore. I don't even frequent the sites where Splatoon would appear as I generally only play RPGs.

Mr.Man17

Full Squid
It's Nintendo. I expect commercials for a few weeks and then nothing.

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
I've seen a decent amount of advertisements for Splatoon. Then again, I've been actively looking for Splatoon information and videos on a regular basis so I can't really tell how successful it's been so far. I'm hoping a lot more information and marketing will follow the Direct next week because even out of a lot of the people that know of the game already, many of them aren't sold on the game just yet and I'm not sure if they're bothered enough to watch the Direct. They might need the actual advertisements to convince them. I hope it performs well. I don't want the game to sell poorly and then end up with little attention after launch.

DaKid

Pro Squid
Apparently this will be the month of Splatoon according to Nintendo Minute.

Gunster25

Pro Squid
I've seen ads for Splatoon on Youtube and Twitch, the later the most important. On Youtube people will most likely skip It straight away, BUT on Twitch you are forced to watch the ad and even If you can skip It there is a minimum wait time of 30 seconds until you can do so (The Splatoon Ads length). Also many of the streaming community don't watch Youtube at all so Nintendo are reaching a wider audience much quicker by advertising Splatoon there.

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
Small note, but I was just on Nintendo's site and Splatoon is the first thing on the front page right now. As in the massive scrolling image on the top.

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
I think they've done a decent job. I'm really hoping that this is considered dry atm, and that after the direct they go hard.
...Also I just gotta put this in there. Plz nintendo have a great way for friends to play each other online (lagless connectivity, and #'s of ppl who can join)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom