How will we communicate

GalaxyBearZz

Inkling
NNID
GalaxyBearZ
How will teams and squads of squids be communicating since there is no voice chat? Teamspeak server? skype? What will you be using?

Snivy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Sonicxpika
Well since I'm gathering up a few friends to play this with, I'm planning on using either skype or voicegg

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
Splatoon doesn't need voice chat.

/s

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
I think the only thing I'll ever need to say in a match is "Come here" which is done quite easily by pressing Up on the D-Pad.

GalaxyBearZz

Inkling
NNID
GalaxyBearZ
I was more thinking of it needing a teamspeak server or skype for means of a competitive stand point

Chapter Serf

Semi-Pro Squid
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
i think the better question is how on earth are you gonna get everyone to jump on skype at the exact same time?
Planning. The OP referred to squads and teams, so these are all prearranged things. These aren't the random 3 folks that joined on your team, these are 3 other people whom you are coordinating and going to be playing with on a regular/semi-regular basis. So it wouldn't be hard. No more difficult at any rate than getting your MMO Raid on whatever voice chat software you favor.

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
Personally I will be using Skype. I use my Skype for personal and gaming reasons, so it will work out the best. Of course if it comes to it, I guess i'll have to download another program

suavevillain

Inkling Cadet
I'm using raidcall it is better than skype imo and less of resource hog and nobody has to host. But you know commutation isn't needed in this game according to the majority of nintendo fans wanting to speak and have fun means u want to play cod or something.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
competitive teams will definitely be using third party voip setups like mumble, teamspeak, etc

people playing on ranked battles will probably be able to find a loadout that works for them and find a role they can fit into. you see this happening in higher level TF2 pubs, there's just a clear state of symbiosis between classes (in splatoon's case, loadouts) that doesn't require that much communication. ranked battles aren't really a true competitive mode in the sense that we'll be coordinating heavily and have control over the rules, it's just an assortment of higher skilled gamemodes that assigns you to a rank that will either increase or decrease depending on your performance, so i feel it's an apt comparison.

Mayday

Row, Row, Fight the Power!
NNID
MaydayBelieves
I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to paint messages and callouts on the ground/walls

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
Hey, I figured you guys would want to know that we have a community teamspeak server set up! We have separate rooms set up for you to use while playing, and we'll make a room for your squad if you'd like. It also serves as a general hangout place.

IP: 76.74.238.52:10907

Also, it's completely free for the entire community to use

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom