• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

How Would You Balance Splatoon 2?

Does this game need more buffs or nerfs?

• Buffs (Gotta get dem powerful weapons!)

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • Nerfs (This game has some annoying strategies my dude...)

Votes: 11 39.3%

• Total voters

UnChosen

Inkster Jr.
I don't think anyone is hating on the Octobrush which completely outclasses the Inkbrush right now IMO.
The Octobrush is in a totally different league. Transitioning from the Permanent Inkbrush in S1 to Octobrush in S2 is like going to easy mode. On the other hand, now that the Inkbrush lost the Sprinkler/Inkstrike "King of Turfing" niche in TW and the Kraken spamming niche in ranked...is now just a finger breaking gimped Aerospray.

Savage

Inkster Jr.
NNID
coolSean
Switch Friend Code
SW-2155-3339-9509
The Octobrush is in a totally different league. Transitioning from the Permanent Inkbrush in S1 to Octobrush in S2 is like going to easy mode. On the other hand, now that the Inkbrush lost the Sprinkler/Inkstrike "King of Turfing" niche in TW and the Kraken spamming niche in ranked...is now just a finger breaking gimped Aerospray.
My thoughts exactly. I never use brushes myself, but I feel bad for all the Inkbrush mains out there. ;-;

GearWax

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
KoopaTroopaBloop
I main brush. My finger never gets tired (My strategy is using the bomb to force people in range of the brush, or to give chase with the roll) and I find it's a lot more efficient and has a better fitting sub and special than the aerospray. I think most people play it wrong- you need to make the most of your mobility and use bombs to kill. Splashdown is also great as a safe super jump or chase tool for it.

Hamachiカマ★

Full Squid
Oh and fix the goo tuber! It's trash. Why add a gimmick weapon and make it bad?
Charge time and range make it incredibly outclassed by all chargers, even the e-liter.

The flingza is so so. It'd take a lot of practice or playing against newbies to be good IMO.

Hamachiカマ★

Full Squid
Auto bomb rush is shown in the sub/special guide under bomb rush's artwork. So it's PM confirmed.

As for Mist, if that's your primary use than I'd say reduce the slowdown rate to compensate for adding a tiny bit of instant effect.
I know it's comfirmed, this is a 'what I would do.'
Nah toxic mist isn't my primary at all. I just noticed it seems super ineffective. People throw it at me and I easily get out or hell even stay in in order to splat them...

GamemasterTom

Full Squid
NNID
GM-Tom
Tri-Slosher: Making it so it doesn't do 62 damage in every part of its attack. Right now that weapon suffers no damage reduction if you hit someone just in range.

Sting Ray: More turning speed, maybe a bit more damage. Right now Sting Ray is the least used special in my opinion.

GearWax

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
KoopaTroopaBloop
I know it's comfirmed, this is a 'what I would do.'
Nah toxic mist isn't my primary at all. I just noticed it seems super ineffective. People throw it at me and I easily get out or hell even stay in in order to splat them...
You misread. I was saying primary as in PRIMARY USE, which is controlling choke points. But I think it should have instant effect to also be a kill assist.

OctoBlooper27

Inkster Jr.
NNID
itsmemil
I got an idea get rid of point sensor and combine it with toxic mist making them both more useful then what they are currently and better justifying their ink consumption. What you think

GearWax

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
KoopaTroopaBloop
I got an idea get rid of point sensor and combine it with toxic mist making them both more useful then what they are currently and better justifying their ink consumption. What you think
But Point Sensor practically costs nothing.

OctoBlooper27

Inkster Jr.
NNID
itsmemil
But Point Sensor practically costs nothing.
I know but I ment more of toxic mist and I'm point sensor is almost useless on its own since if you throwing it you have a general idea of where they are I feel they support each other. As I hear people say people run out toxic mist but with this if they do you or team can catch them because of the combination. Why use locator when a) if I'm throwing it in an area I already have an idea where they at or b) I could call it out or kill them if I do it on a person I see directly. Know you have a reason to sensor and helps lock down people caught in mist better.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
I know but I ment more of toxic mist and I'm point sensor is almost useless on its own since if you throwing it you have a general idea of where they are I feel they support each other. As I hear people say people run out toxic mist but with this if they do you or team can catch them because of the combination. Why use locator when a) if I'm throwing it in an area I already have an idea where they at or b) I could call it out or kill them if I do it on a person I see directly. Know you have a reason to sensor and helps lock down people caught in mist better.
Point sensor helps when you are playing with randos. Also, having your teammates being able to see exactly where the enemy is is also a powerful tool that a lot of people seem to underestimate.

OctoBlooper27

Inkster Jr.
NNID
itsmemil
Point sensor helps when you are playing with randos. Also, having your teammates being able to see exactly where the enemy is is also a powerful tool that a lot of people seem to underestimate.
Not saying either are completely usesless that be lying but I'd think they be both a excellent sub if they were together. Just an idea.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I genuinely believe this game would be well balanced and fair in most regards in general. Aside from a few weapons that could use better tweaking like the Goo Tuber, Flingza roller, and inkbrush, most can put up a great fight.

I would not keep harping on Ink Armor if I did not believe it was ruining the balance of Splatoon 2, and there is no denying it does. Coupled with the ping issues with Splatoon, and the very nature of the special, there is no way the game will be truly well balanced until it's fundamentally changed. Just making it take more points to activate is not enough.

The devs of Splatoon 2 made it a point to change specials to make them less game changing, make the more about support. Giving an entire team the means to easily wipe the other team is exactly what they wanted to eliminate. I can't believe in all their testing they did not think that having multiple ink armor users on one team can literally win any game, something no other special could do, in either game.

Here's hoping they really fix these issues, because right now skill has taken a back seat to using a broken special, this is especially true in ranked. Tri sloshers and N Zaps are as common as inklings in ranked matches, and they can easily turn the battle in their favor without any skill or strategy. This game won't have a competitive future if one strategy is so bulletproof.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Probably the most important thing is to nerf the Tri-Slosher. That thing's way too strong and makes other weapons completely obsolete.The only other special that may need a nerf is Tenta Missles, it's too easy to lock on to people.

The Goo Tuber is too weak right now. Contrarily, this thing needs a lot of ink to sneak around yet itself is absolutely abysmal at spreading it. Stingray needs a buff too, but not in terms of damage. Being able to cancel it mid-special would help it a lot.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Probably the most important thing is to nerf the Tri-Slosher. That thing's way too strong and makes other weapons completely obsolete.The only other special that may need a nerf is Tenta Missles, it's too easy to lock on to people.

The Goo Tuber is too weak right now. Contrarily, this thing needs a lot of ink to sneak around yet itself is absolutely abysmal at spreading it. Stingray needs a buff too, but not in terms of damage. Being able to cancel it mid-special would help it a lot.
Tenta missiles don't need a nerf, due to how easy they are to avoid.

OctoBlooper27

Inkster Jr.
NNID
itsmemil

Tenta misses need no need. Easy to avoid they are just good a putting on pressure.

GearWax

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
KoopaTroopaBloop

Tri slosher does need to be either nerfed to sub-50 damage or made like it was in the first game.
Tenta missiles don't need a nerf at all. Like I said, the only special that really does is Inkstorm, it's too annoying to fight through and too good at coverage.
Also 96 Gal needs to be buffed up in damage- with no more Damage Up/Defense Up it needs that extra damage back.

Nuddlmaus

Pro Squid
NNID
Nuddlmaus
In my opinion sprinkler especially with the splattling set does consume way to much ink without any Ink conserving abilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom