How would you go about setting up a tournament pre-august patch?

Lenrap

Inkling
I honestly think, in splatoon's current state, that it is impossible to set up a tournament. The game suffers from no current way to pair up anyone and guarantee they'll be on the same team. Also, I doubt there is any way to pick a certain stage with the two stages per 4 hours mechanic. Until the august update comes, I doubt the splatoon competitive scene can even develop that well outside of solo queue shenanigans...

Deku

Senior Squid
NNID
Rolandd
I've got an idea, but it's not perfect (obviously). Put four people in three matches together, add up the points, and top two go on to the next round. Of course this favors weapons that get more points and not on winning (though they often go hand in hand).

Chiiab

Shy person
NNID
Chiiab
There's not really any way to set up a serious tournament right now. Around august tournaments will probably start to pop up and then the competitive scene can move away from a purely solo queue perspective then.

LancerStaff

Inkling Cadet
Local Battle Dojo 1v1s, but the controller thing will be complicated... You'd probably have to bring both a Gamepad and a Pro controller (with attached Wiimote for motion controls if you use them) since both player can't use the same controller. The Gamepad screen-cheating is easily solved by putting the Gamepad player in a position where he can't see the TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom