• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

How would you like a Splatoon movie?

Gab1bb0

Inkling
NNID
Emii900
Switch Friend Code
SW-3358-8459-2590
The success of the new Super Mario Bros. Movie paved the way for further movies and serires but at the moment among the stuff announced there isn't anything about our favourite molluscs so I created this thread to ask you how you imagine or how you'd like a movie or a series about Splatoon.

Personally something I'd like to see in addition (and not as a replacement) to a more "epic" movie about Splatoon and its lore (the plot of the single player campaigns can be a good start to that) a more relaxed "Direct to Video" movie about an Inkling or an Octoling which just moved into one of the cities portrayed by the games and gradually learns to play turf war or Anarchy Battles and in the process make friends, get acquainted with the city culture, finds a team with a nice ending during a Splatfest.
Something like the Animal Crossing Wild World Movie but more sporty and energetic.

Cephalobro

I think the Splatoon movie should feature two characters, being based on the two box art characters of whichever Splatoon game they decide to make a movie of.

The Mario movie didn't 100% mimic any Mario game, so I truly believe the best approach should be something like that. After all, who wouldn't want to see Craig Cuttlefish mistakenly call two people Agent 3 with the irony that these same two would be designated by the first letter of their ink colors? Like Agent 3 O and Agent 3 B.

TOD13

Senior Squid
Pronouns
he/him
what if the dialogue was just inking/octarian language (a bunch of gibberish) and there were subtitles so you could understand what was being said? idk if it would work out but it would be a neat idea.

crazybenjamin

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-2794-0568-0108
As long as Blue and Orange are canonized as best friends, then I'm sold on the movie.

(Also, the final battle needs to give us the most epic Calamari Inkantation remix ever.)

Madt123

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
NNID
xerneas
Switch Friend Code
SW-5046-3858-9981
As long as Nintendo would advise so Inklings and Octolings look.. well right. (Like right proportions and stuff) I would watch it immediatel!

D

Deleted member

they should make the movie based on the manga series and goggles and team blue are the main characters

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom