How would YOU want spectator mode to work?

Poyo

Senior Squid
NNID
Poyoarya
i.e. how you could access the mode in-game, and how the camera would work whilst spectating a match?

How about public battles? What if two of your friends are in an online Turf War?

Last edited:

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
Dream spectator mode would be like csgo or tf2.

Also, maximum 1 (or 2) spectator per room, only if you have the password.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Firstly, the host should be able to decide whether he wants to allow spectators or not. If yes, the room should be extended to 10 players; everyone joins normally. Then in the team settings the host should get "spectator" as option in addition to team alpha and bravo. Simple as that.

I don't know what spectator modes look like in other shooters, but I think spectators should be able to switch between all players and view exact copies of the player's perspectives. Fancy camera options are no must in my opinion.

Spectating in public rooms is problematic for obvious bandwidth reasons, but maybe they could put people who are joining into the spectating mode like it's done in Mario Kart.

WydrA

Inkling Commander
My only spectator experience I can remember is League. Something like that would work well I think.
Also (i'm assuming league has this, but i'll say it anyway since no one else has mentioned it) there should be a slight delay for spectator so people cant use it to cheat and spy on the other team.

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
GOTV style spectating would obviously be the main goal but honestly I'd just be happy with player perspective with a cycle option. That's all we really need. However fixed free cam perspectives or a full freecam would be amazing.

Aerotop

Inkling
I'd be fine with just a standard spectator mode in which you can switch between camera perspectives, and on the gamepad there's a live feed of the map. I think 8 would be a reasonable limit for actual spectating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom