Howdy!

chickenmer

Inkling
New to this place. Please be gentle. Just got the game last Friday and started jumping into my first ranked matches. Having lots of fun so far. Any and all recommendations on your favourite weapons and how best to use them are welcome. Thanks! :)

Cake or Death

Full Squid
NNID
McProle
Hey there. Welcome to Squidboards, and to Splatoon in general :).

I used to main the .96 and .96 Deco but I've switched it up and I'm starting to learn how to use the Jet Squelcher, and Squelcher-type weapons in general really. I started a new thread the other day asking advice from Jet Squelchery people, which can be found here:

http://squidboards.com/threads/jet-squelcher-newb-needs-advice.23718/#post-169795

In summary, the Jet Squelcher is more of a support weapon in ranked. I treat it as a hybrid between a Shooter and a Charger. It's able to challenge Chargers and push them off their perches with its excellent range, and able to get splats from mid-long ranges, but it's a bit useless in close quarters. It comes with the Splash Wall for defending yourself and teammates, as well as the Inkstrike, which is especially useful for contesting objectives in Splat Zones, or can be used to push the opposing team back away from objectives. It's also good to use for popping the Rainmaker's shield.

So here's a couple questions for you, Chickenmer. How are you finding Splatoon so far? Which weapons are your favourites, which have you tried, which would you like to try and which ones are you strongest with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom