Hypothetical New Weapons

the

Inkling Commander
A cool sub idea i had was like, a small geyser of ink that erupts when an enemy gets near it (like the octoling splashwalls in single player), and stays around for about as long as ink mines did in splatoon 1. Could be used to aid in escapes, or as a small barrier for chokepoints (but would only work if they don't have enough range to shoot at you without activating it). It could also maybe work like the geysers in single player, where you can ride it up to get a good vantage point. Maybe wouldn't make it go too high, because that would make for a lot of easy base invasions...

Also i have this super cool main weapon idea... What if there was like a melee weapon, like a sword, made out of ink. I think I'll call it "inksword"

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
A cool sub idea i had was like, a small geyser of ink that erupts when an enemy gets near it (like the octoling splashwalls in single player), and stays around for about as long as ink mines did in splatoon 1. Could be used to aid in escapes, or as a small barrier for chokepoints (but would only work if they don't have enough range to shoot at you without activating it). It could also maybe work like the geysers in single player, where you can ride it up to get a good vantage point. Maybe wouldn't make it go too high, because that would make for a lot of easy base invasions...

Also i have this super cool main weapon idea... What if there was like a melee weapon, like a sword, made out of ink. I think I'll call it "inksword"
I like this, but ya might not want to mention the inksword... @Agent Z...

Nintendoer

Inkling
NNID
WakerOfWindsHD
Switch Friend Code
SW-7745-4331-2226
Y'know, a kind of "inksaber" would be pretty cool.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Yeah I know but...
My Inksword isn't purely made of ink. It's an actual blade surrounded by a layer of ink. So running out of ink just makes it even more deadly in a sense, because it doesn't just splat people, it also allows for slashing them apart.

GearWax

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
KoopaTroopaBloop
My Inksword isn't purely made of ink. It's an actual blade surrounded by a layer of ink. So running out of ink just makes it even more deadly in a sense, because it doesn't just splat people, it also allows for slashing them apart.
Cue the gory fanfics in 3.

Reactions: the

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
A saber is a type of sword, right? I totally agree that there should be an inksword in splatoon. Good idea
Sabers are slashing weapons in fencing, the kind of stuff you kids see in movies, so it would probably be better than an ink epee where you'd have to poke people.

Spenstar

Inkling
NNID
SpenstarHD
Ink Hose
Type: Charger
This weapon looks like, well, a hose. The inkling holds it in their right hand while moving. On the inkling's back is a decent length of hose curled up around the ink tank with a hose faucet located within reach.. It's a charger, but it operates on different rules than other chargers. With no charge, the Inkhose has range comparable to a Bamboozler or a Squiffer, with a long and narrow trail of ink, that deals somewhere between 40 and 60 damage (not sure how much it should do).

Charging the weapon has the inkling reaching behind the to wind up the faucet while holding the hose steady. Releasing the charge causes the inkling to let go of the faucet and lessen their grip on the hose, causing ink to blast out of the hose while the faucet automatically resets. Charging doesn't increase the vertical range of the blast (if anything, it might decrease it) but it does increase the horizontal spread and the damage. At max charge, it deals 125 damage and has a horizontal range that's comparable to the ballpoint part of the blaster shot, except that range is consistent throughout the blast. Charge time is comparable to the Splat Charger. Rather than holding its charge in your ink, the charge gradually lessens while in squid form, taking about a second and a half to go from full charge to nothing.

Because of this, the idea is that the uncharged and charged shots are radically different and serve different purposes. The uncharged shot is not ink-hungry, but the full charge is, so you'll want ink saver main and ink recovery up.

Subweapon is the Burst Bomb, and its special is the Bubble Blower. Special depletion is light.

Ink Hose Deco
Same stats (including light special depletion) but it comes with a Sprinkler and the Ink Storm instead.

edit: subs and specials are not out of any synergy consideration (I'm not that good at the game yet) but out of a desire to give both sets a water motif.

Last edited:

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
(Hello! I'm back on Squidboards after 11 months' absence!)

I've had a little theory for a while about a new Slosher-class weapon for Splatoon 2. Basically, I expect that we'll get 1 or 2 new weapons of each broad class, and the biggest niche for Sloshers appears to be fast rate of attack. If you look at the in-game bars for Slosher-class attack speed, you'll see that all three buckets are reasonably close together and none are very quick.

So my money is on a three-hit splat rapid-fire bucket coming to the game at some point, kinda like the Clash Blaster (which is two hits with directs, but if this bucket had a two-hit direct and a three-hit indirect... well, that's just the Sloshing Machine!). Attack time around 60% that of the Tri-Slosher, range a little more than the Sploosh-O-Matic, maybe a hitbox like that of the Tri?

In fact, if I wanna go really far, I'd guess at... the Dualie Buckets! Idea isn't mine, it comes from a wonderful piece of fanart which I saw some time back and can't be bothered to go looking for right now. If that were the case, then I think the left- and right-handed hitboxes should be distinctly different, so you alternate shots between firing right-and-centre and firing left-and-centre - maybe each mini-bucket would be like a Duo-Slosher, hitbox split in two.

Last point - the concept! My younger sister gave this one to me on a whim and I absolutely love it. Popcorn buckets. It fits the Splatoon aesthetic wonderfully as well as being really well-suited to a lightweight weapon!

Just to clarify, all these ideas are for a single weapon (with the choice being between a wide single bucket hitbox or Dualie Buckets).

GearWax

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
KoopaTroopaBloop
Hybrid dualies.

Again, I've posted this before. These would have a TERRIBLE main gun, 3-shot with fire rate akin to the .52 gal. While they would have high range, they would also pump ink away fast. Also, they can only roll once.

BUT.

After rolling, the weapon would completely change. Instead of firing with increased speed like other dualies, it would morph into a blaster (it wouldn't fire dual blasts though). The blaster fires at half the rate of the standard and has the burst size of the rapid. It has the range of the clash. But it is indeed one-hit kill, making it a great fighter and dual-purpose weapon. Sub could be Suction Bomb (could lead to some indirect damage setups) and spec could be Ink Armor.

Spenstar

Inkling
NNID
SpenstarHD
OOOOO I GOT ANOTHER ONE
This is an alternative take on the rapid-fire slosher concept from Cuttleshock.

Shosh Bottle
It's an oversized water bottle. Specifically, the plastic refillable kind. It behaves just like any slosher, except the ink trail is narrower. Not sure how long the range should be, so let's put the length of its shot equal to the regular slosher.

The main reason you would use the Slosh Bottle over a different slosher is its mobility and firing rate, both of which put other sloshers to shame. It has by far the highest firing rate of any slosher, and because of that, if you're constantly aim adjusting, it can be great at covering turf! On the downside, a direct hit only does 40 base damage, meaning it can't 2KO. It has the same damage reduction mechanics as any slosher, and its damage bottoms out at 23.

In essence, it's the Rapid Blaster of Sloshers. Fast, good range (if narrow) but takes more hits to splat. It's also less ink-hungry than other sloshers. Special depletion is medium.

Its subweapon is the Sprinkler, and its Special is Splashdown

Slosh Bottle Nuveau is the alternate kit. Same stats completely. The sub is the Curling Bomb, and the special is Ink Armor

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom