I always get terrible teams... Am I in hell?

is B+ Hell?

• Yes

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • No

Votes: 20 54.1%

• Total voters

Kullen

Inkling
I had really fun times in B- And B Because my team was good and they cooperated and mostly the people that were bad were purposefully trolling. But then I turned B+. ALL OF A SUDDEN IM GETTING HORRID TEAMS THAT CANT COOPERATE. Howcome in B- PEOPLE CAN COOPERATE AND FOLLOW THE RAINMAKER HOLDER. BUT B+ PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO MAKE GOD PLAYS TO SAVE THE GAME WHEN THEY JUST DESTROY THEIR OWN TEAMS. And howcome there's a bunch of A's in my game... The skill difference between B- And B+ is huge. Usually B-'s are better because they have more knowledge and apply it to the game. And A's are pretty good. B+ Is complete hell. Anyone got tips to get out of this hellish land?

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
No, everyone gets terrible teams at any time. It's not just you. It's the risk you take when playing with randoms.

Kullen

Inkling
I had really fun times in B- And B Because my team was good and they cooperated and mostly the people that were bad were purposefully trolling. But then I turned B+. ALL OF A SUDDEN IM GETTING HORRID TEAMS THAT CANT COOPERATE. Howcome in B- PEOPLE CAN COOPERATE AND FOLLOW THE RAINMAKER HOLDER. BUT B+ PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO MAKE GOD PLAYS TO SAVE THE GAME WHEN THEY JUST DESTROY THEIR OWN TEAMS. And howcome there's a bunch of A's in my game... The skill difference between B- And B+ is huge. Usually B-'s are better because they have more knowledge and apply it to the game. And A's are pretty good. B+ Is complete hell. Anyone got tips to get out of this hellish land?
So I'm not bad? Usually my team cannot cooperate for garbage so lol. And I have 5 friends and I play the most so Idk I can either play less and get a better rank. Or I could play more and probably get killed by my team. What do u think ? ;//

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
You could always try to recruit a Squad to help you out, there's even a subforum for it ;)

Glass Eater

Pro Squid
Yes B+ is hard, yes it can sometimes feel like hell. But YOU are the only one who has the power to make the difference.

Everyone gets bad teams, 1 good player literally makes the difference. If you are stuck in B+ and can't get out, then you hit your "zone" and unless you improve yourself as a player you may be there for a while. The top players who play in random know this, and they have to BE the difference and EXPECT their teams to suck.

Don't sweat it, B+ isn't bad.

Dolphoshi

Pro Squid
If all else fail's you have to be the one to take the rainmaker/tower I generally I always pick a very high range weapon so I can fight any one, if you can keep enemys in your range you will always win, but it's learning to use your specials, if all else fails get the lead then pull a gandulf as scream you shall not PASS! and just stay near the tower ( and pray you team knows how to fire a gun) and keep them off, if your whole team is dead and you are our numbers unless you have a special that can make you hold your ground fall back it is always better to be alive and try to firgure out how to get them off then being dead and can do nothing good luck I found that A- was harder but thats just me

Spiral

Inkling
NNID
SpiralViper
For me, A- and A have been just awful. Bad teams, but also .96 gals/Tentateks every- freakin' -where.

I love it when I actually get teammates that are on my level. It feels so satisfying to play when your teammates are using the same techniques as you, and working together with great teamwork. :)

DISCLAIMER: By bad team I mean teammates that won't even play the objective, or teammates that just play way too defensively. I feel like I'm the only one try to get the rainmaker to the goal, etc.

Last edited:

Wiebenjijzeg

Full Squid
NNID
Syrnis
Try rank S. Everyone who plays with their main, generally has a near 100% accuracy and can sometimes kill you from the weirdest angles.
Especially those .96 gals and tentateks. Or scopers with splat bombs which are thrown in the weirdest but most succesful angles.

But it is fun, as long as I keep it to Rainmaker or Tower control. Splatzones is a quick lose for me, so I won't risk my rank on it haha.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
If you want to rank up, don't play Rainmaker. In solo queue RM is extremely hard, if not impossible to carry because of the sheer amount of coordination required from your team. Play Zones or Tower instead if you wanna get a better rank.

Sheinpt

The Squid Kid B)
I've had a really hard time finding a team and I'm A.

So, don't feel alone.

mimasho

Inkster Jr.
NNID
mimasho
imo B- was really bad for me, and as soon as I got out of there getting to A was pretty straightforward; A+ is worse than A- though ; A ;
If you're in PST, try playing at night (past 7-9pm or so) you'll get paired with mostly (if not all) Japanese players, and I find they're all rather skilled !
Another tip is to quit out of each match you win -if you lose, however, stay with the group !

but yeah, bad teammates are...difficult to work with ; A ;
rainmaker mode is in particular the worst for players who don't cooperate, because they love to all either huddle behind you or abandon you if you're holding the RM, and I find that a lot of people don't like holding it -try doing tower control, at least your teammates will be more likely help you in that mode (a lot of people like super jumping to the tower) ~

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
The rank I was stuck in the longest was A+, mainly because I had lost my S rank twice. Plus, even as an A+, I had to deal with a lot of S and S+ players keeping me down, especially when they were put on the other team.

Having recently gotten to S+ and mainly battling only other S+ players, I don't encounter many bad teammates, for obvious reasons.

Honestly, usually bad teammates haven't caused me to lose Ranked Battles, it's usually much more powerful enemies who wind up beating me. I already mentioned how a random S+ or two on the other team would mess me up back when I was an A+ ans S rank.

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
B- is kinda tough for me currently. I was on the verge of getting out and got slammed by the other team. I have struggled to stay above 40 ever since. I've had a lot of close matches, so its very fun, but for every win there are like 2 loses waiting. :(

kobomb

Inkster Jr.
NNID
lolicomplex
B+ is hell for most i think that it comes to your peak strategy at the game of most things, i was stuck in B+ for a few months and have just recently made it to A+ by switching out weapons i'd never want to touch as well as coming up with a new strategy

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
B- is kinda tough for me currently. I was on the verge of getting out and got slammed by the other team. I have struggled to stay above 40 ever since. I've had a lot of close matches, so its very fun, but for every win there are like 2 loses waiting. :(
Yeah, earlier today, I got promoted out of B- into B. I then subsequently had a string of losses (and crushing losses, at that) that took me not just out of B, but back to the middle of B-.

I don't think I'll be promoted that much beyond B-, as I refuse to main a weapon and I don't re-roll clothing sub-abilities.

inkurious

Inkling
NNID
Inkurious
Yes B+ is hard, yes it can sometimes feel like hell. But YOU are the only one who has the power to make the difference.

Everyone gets bad teams, 1 good player literally makes the difference. If you are stuck in B+ and can't get out, then you hit your "zone" and unless you improve yourself as a player you may be there for a while. The top players who play in random know this, and they have to BE the difference and EXPECT their teams to suck.

Don't sweat it, B+ isn't bad.
^

When I was in B+, I constantly complained about bad teammates and the lot, then I realised that even though I was getting the most splats in 99% of my games, I wasn't playing the objective; I was being selfish. I can almost guarantee you're either doing that, or you're straight up incompetent and think you deserve a higher rank, you don't deserve a higher rank unless you're IN that rank bracket. I made an alt account a few weeks ago and only started using it about a week ago, getting past B+ was a ridiculously easy task, I was surprised I ever had any trouble in that rank. It just shows that you think you somehow deserve more, but that's just your ego getting in the way. Seriously, git gud, focus on your individual play and climbing the ranks will be much less stressful.

HarmonyX

Inkling
NNID
Harmonyflame
Honestly, I have a hard time remembering. Basically burned through the B ranks not too long after release, but i can sure remember having to carry my team up to about A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom