"I can't believe Chara RUINED Anarchy"

Shortcake

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1636-2040-6048
I could not disagree with this statement harder and i'm splitting my reasons for it into 3 catagories:
Practical, Fun, and Funny

Practical:
1. If you're a comp player this is a great time to trial-by-fire potential brella counterplay. Needless to say there's gonna be a lot more brellas in future (especially at low level) and now would be the time to practice the match-up.
2. If you want to grind badges now would also be a good time to do so; you can counterpick brella with a pretty large amount of weapons so probably at least one of them tickles your fancy and with the way increased amount of brellas running around that'll give you a lot of easy games to ko in 2 minutes get a free win / 2500 freshness and move on.
Fun:
3. Less 52 gal let's gooooooo **** that weapon
4. If you just want to chill in open and try new weapons and still win (or just have fun with a weapon you aren't so good at but still like) now would be a good time. Again, loads of people running a very exploitable match-up dependent weapon, so just pick its bad match-ups 4head.
Blasters, Swords, Chargers, maybe a cheeky stringer or tenta brella? idk just have fun with it there's plenty of cool weapons that dumpster brella to try rn.
Funny:
5. 5 of the same weapon all playing with advice they heard from the same place lmfao
like "oh i'm gonna go top right on mahi and be really annoying"
"oh the other 2 brellas also appear to be doing the same thing and also popped pack when they saw we were all doing the same thing lmfao" classic comedy popular since 1999
And most importantly:
6. so if there's multiple inkjets in every lobby
and people are also gravitating to weapons like blasters and swords and chargers
which are all weapons with really fast but difficult ways to kill someone
and most of this is happening in open which is a lower stakes enviroment for going for stupid **** for fun

WE FARMING CLIPS FOR TWITTER.COM WITH THIS ONE LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOO
just IMAGINE the shenanigans
the 180 inkjet snipes
the insta-kill zipcaster arms
the "direct the brella shield then direct the panic inkjet just to show 'em you mean business" goofiness
it will be glorious

thank you for the world event chara, I will cherish this gift forever (read: like 2 days)

Last edited:

Charis

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3317-0489-1600
I could not disagree with this statement harder and i'm splitting my reasons for it into 3 catagories:
Practical, Fun, and Funny

Practical:
1. If you're a comp player this is a great time to trial-by-fire potential brella counterplay. Needless to say there's gonna be a lot more brellas in future (especially at low level) and now would be the time to practice the match-up.
2. If you want to grind badges now would also be a good time to do so; you can counterpick brella with a pretty large amount of weapons so probably at least one of them tickles your fancy and with the way increased amount of brellas running around that'll give you a lot of easy games to ko in 2 minutes get a free win / 2500 freshness and move on.
Fun:
3. Less 52 gal let's gooooooo **** that weapon
4. If you just want to chill in open and try new weapons and still win (or just have fun with a weapon you aren't so good at but still like) now would be a good time. Again, loads of people running a very exploitable match-up dependent weapon, so just pick its bad match-ups 4head.
Blasters, Swords, Chargers, maybe a cheeky stringer or tenta brella? idk just have fun with it there's plenty of cool weapons that dumpster brella to try rn.
Funny:
5. 5 of the same weapon all playing with advice they heard from the same place lmfao
like "oh i'm gonna go top right on mahi and be really annoying"
"oh the other 2 brellas also appear to be doing the same thing and also popped pack when they saw we were all doing the same thing lmfao" classic comedy popular since 1999
And most importantly:
6. so if there's multiple inkjets in every lobby
and people are also gravitating to weapons like blasters and swords and chargers
which are all weapons with really fast but difficult ways to kill someone
and most of this is happening in open which is a lower stakes enviroment for going for stupid **** for fun

WE FARMING CLIPS FOR TWITTER.COM WITH THIS ONE LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOO
just IMAGINE the shenanigans
the 180 inkjet snipes
the insta-kill zipcaster arms
the "direct the brella shield then direct the panic inkjet just to show 'em you mean business" goofiness
it will be glorious

thank you for the world event chara, I will cherish this gift forever (read: like 2 days)
Jokes on them Ive one tricked brella for multiple years now >:333

Purple Apple

Inkling
Pronouns
She/Her
Gonna be real, anyone who earnestly believes the "ProChara effect" is a real thing needs to understand just how big of a game Splatoon is. I highly doubt that random brella you're playing against is a Prochara fan, or even knows who he is. You are seeing patterns where none exist.

Joy

Data Nerd
Premium
NNID
joythegreat
Gonna be real, anyone who earnestly believes the "ProChara effect" is a real thing needs to understand just how big of a game Splatoon is. I highly doubt that random brella you're playing against is a Prochara fan, or even knows who he is. You are seeing patterns where none exist.
Actually empirically testable, via stat.ink data. Putting a pin in that, might be interesting

Purple Apple

Inkling
Pronouns
She/Her
Actually empirically testable, via stat.ink data. Putting a pin in that, might be interesting
Yeah, kinda wanted to see if I could do the calculations myself for fun, but I didn't know where to find accurate numbers. All I remember was when Big Run participation numbers were posted, and just how big they were, (while still being a drop off).

.jpg_

Inkster Jr.
If ProChara has million fans, then I'm one of them.
If ProChara has one fan, then I'm THAT ONE.
If ProChara has no fans, that means I'm dead.

Shortcake

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1636-2040-6048
it's def not as drastic as i thought it was: i just got really weird luck in the 9 games of open i've played since the video dropped and got 7 not-me brellas across those 9 games (was on sbrella myself which does skew the data pretty hard but that's still well above average) + imagining like 3 sbrellas in every lobby funni
And trying to use stat.ink says there's 48 samples (publically released replays) of anarchy modes with an sbrella (exluding the uploader) in them played since 6.1.0 which is less then a week old and 114 since 6.0.2 which is over a month old.
Is it that crazy? No
Is it unusual and the Chara video would explain the spike? ye
(also i don't think a single brella was running stealth which is fairly common to see but chara said it was smelly)

Purple Apple

Inkling
Pronouns
She/Her
it's def not as drastic as i thought it was: i just got really weird luck in the 9 games of open i've played since the video dropped and got 7 not-me brellas across those 9 games (was on sbrella myself which does skew the data pretty hard but that's still well above average) + imagining like 3 sbrellas in every lobby funni
And trying to use stat.ink says there's 48 samples (publically released replays) of anarchy modes with an sbrella (exluding the uploader) in them played since 6.1.0 which is less then a week old and 114 since 6.0.2 which is over a month old.
Is it that crazy? No
Is it unusual and the Chara video would explain the spike? ye
(also i don't think a single brella was running stealth which is fairly common to see but chara said it was smelly)
Yep.
And, for comparisons sake, there are still more undercover players than Sbrella players (lol).

Joy

Data Nerd
Premium
NNID
joythegreat
Gotta control for the uploader, major skew otherwise. I have a method to compensate, but out of interest of not having it patched out I can’t divulge. I’ll analyze it in depth at some point though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom