• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

I can't believe I fell this far

PowrToPlay

Inkster Jr.
NNID
jdb1984
I went back to Splatoon after a long absence. When I came back, I was at rank B. Over the last few days, I fell to the lower half of C+, basically the best of the worst.

And despite my efforts, I seem to be slowly slipping further and further down in rank. I'm in the company of people that cover areas that don't even give us any kind of tactical advantage or get us any closer to the end goal.

I would like to think that someone who has had the game since launch wouldn't be this bad, but my rank says otherwise. The worst part is, I have no idea what my problem areas are (except that I completely forget about my sub weapon being there, but I doubt that could contribute that much).

My weapons and gear (sub-abilities are a mess right now, so I didn't include them)

:wst_shot_long01::burstbomb::kraken:

:head_eye005:-:ability_damage:
:clothes_tes013:-:ability_inksavermain:
:shoes_bot003:-:ability_inkresistance:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
If you're looking for advice, there's a lot of questions to be had. How long have you played, like in hours? Do you use motion controls or sticks? How aggressive are you with that Jet Squelcher? By the "cover areas" comment, what mode are you talking about?

PowrToPlay

Inkster Jr.
NNID
jdb1984
If you're looking for advice, there's a lot of questions to be had. How long have you played, like in hours? Do you use motion controls or sticks? How aggressive are you with that Jet Squelcher? By the "cover areas" comment, what mode are you talking about?
-I don't know the total number of hours, but it's been a lot. I played this game since launch.
-I use motion controls for looking up or down. But in the heat of the moment, I believe I use the stick to turn.
-In the last Splat Zone session, it depended on the map. I was more aggressive in Flounder Heights. But in the Museum, I somewhat hung back and picked people off with the long range, as well as splatted the Zone
-What I meant by "Cover areas" was that we were in Splat Zones, but I see people cover ground near the starting area for seemingly no reason. Probably trying to raise their special meter, but they could do that while also trying to work on the task at hand, instead of going for non-essential areas.

JellyShoes

Inkling
Pick your favourite map, and your most deadly weapon and if you lose more than three battles in a row go back to turf for a few games, or hone reflexes in salmon run. Everyone is subject to the laws of gravity, what goes up must come down.

John W

Inkster Jr.
Content Team
NNID
RetruateStudios
-I don't know the total number of hours, but it's been a lot. I played this game since launch.
You can check how many hours you have played by using the Activity Log title on the Wii U menu. Tap on Splatoon, and then see how many total hours you have.

RealGSam

Full Squid
NNID
RealGSam
Switch Friend Code
SW-6682-5853-1309
Nearly the same has happened for me, I was an A- in rainmaker and dropped down to a B over the course of just 2 hours this past week. It sucked pretty bad because that is the highest ranking i've gotten so far in the game. But i've learned once I start getting frustrated (stopping after 3 losses in a row was such a good idea, JellyShoes) I will move onto turf, or if salmon run is open I will go and play that!
It just takes some practice, you'll get to higher rankings in no time! :D

Zak98

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch Friend Code
SW-6728-0895-4580
Well first you can run 3 damage up mains with something like a Splash o matic, that would be really powerful :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom