I don't want other Inklings death sounds

spiffy

Full Squid
NNID
pinkylilacs
i think it was a bad move on nintendo's part to not differentiate the sounds. sound design in games is really important--it conveys vital information to the player quicker than having to take precious seconds away from the screen to look at the gamepad and try to figure out what just happened.

giving enemy sub/special weapons more sinister or "dark" sounds would help a lot. heck, nintendo went so far as to make the volume of inkstrikes and such louder or quieter depending on how far away from it you are. why not make a simple team-based change? i don't even care if they just lower the pitch of enemy sounds, i want them to be immediately distinguishable by my ears somehow.

meleesplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meleebrawler
i think it was a bad move on nintendo's part to not differentiate the sounds. sound design in games is really important--it conveys vital information to the player quicker than having to take precious seconds away from the screen to look at the gamepad and try to figure out what just happened.

giving enemy sub/special weapons more sinister or "dark" sounds would help a lot. heck, nintendo went so far as to make the volume of inkstrikes and such louder or quieter depending on how far away from it you are. why not make a simple team-based change? i don't even care if they just lower the pitch of enemy sounds, i want them to be immediately distinguishable by my ears somehow.
Well for specials you get a mugshot of the inkling using it and the name of the special in question if it's friendly.

Also, I'll say it again... bomb sniffer.

spiffy

Full Squid
NNID
pinkylilacs
Well for specials you get a mugshot of the inkling using it and the name of the special in question if it's friendly.

Also, I'll say it again... bomb sniffer.
i don't want it as an ability... i want the sound differentiation to be integrated from the start... otherwise not very helpful but thanks for trying to help! :^)

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
You'll need to just adapt, or not be so close to teammates anyway since that's usually not helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom