• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

I don't want other Inklings death sounds

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
Alright, so now, after the umpteenth time this has happened I want to see if anyone else thinks the same thing. I get into a fight with some opponent and it could be either one that falls. I end up right next to them, with their color sounding my vision and BLAM, I hear a death cry and see the screen wipe. Well darn, I died. Wait where's the splat-cam? Oh god I'm still standing here! That was their death cry very close so it sounded like me and the screen wiped because THEY exploded right in front of the camera not me--oh wait NOW I am dead because I was standing still with one hp. I am really tired of this, and honestly wish I could only hear by own cries, or some other sound was distinctly different and only for when I fall, because it's just frustrating.

Star

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Skywarp96
That's happened to me to a few times, but I don't think I would want them to change that. It lets me know that I have splatted someone, and I think it sounds kind of funny actually.

mindscarp

Inkster Jr.
NNID
mindscarp
Similarly, I think projectiles (Splat Bombs, Suction Bombs, Burst Bombs and Seekers) thrown by your team should have a sound effect different from the ones thrown by opponents. I believe it's already like that in the game for ink shots (some kind of windy SFX when you're under an opponent's fire).

Star

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Skywarp96
Similarly, I think projectiles (Splat Bombs, Suction Bombs, Burst Bombs and Seekers) thrown by your team should have a sound effect different from the ones thrown by opponents. I believe it's already like that in the game for ink shots (some kind of windy SFX when you're under an opponent's fire).
That would be kind of neat, but can't you already tell who threw what by the color? I can't recall if all the bombs have different colors. I believe I've heard the windy sound for both teams ink strikes though.

mindscarp

Inkster Jr.
NNID
mindscarp
That would be kind of neat, but can't you already tell who threw what by the color? I can't recall if all the bombs have different colors. I believe I've heard the windy sound for both teams ink strikes though.
Yes their colour is different, but sometimes you can't see them (behind a wall / obstacle: in this case, only Bomb Sniffer ability can help) or just don't have the time to do so. (To clarify, for the ink sounds, I was talking about regular shots from weapons, not Inkzooka / Inkstrike.)

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
I can relate to this. I must look like a complete donut, standing doing nothing in the middle of a firefight.

Star

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Skywarp96
Yes their colour is different, but sometimes you can't see them (behind a wall / obstacle: in this case, only Bomb Sniffer ability can help) or just don't have the time to do so. (To clarify, for the ink sounds, I was talking about regular shots from weapons, not Inkzooka / Inkstrike.)
Ah good point, I didn't even think of that. I usually just run from any bomb I see without checking the color. I must look like a genius running away in such a panic from my own color. Different sounds for bombs would be cool for the ones you can't see, but wouldn't that take away the whole point of the bomb sniffer ability? I have not used it much yet myself.

Ah, sorry I misunderstood! I never paid attention to the sounds shots make, I will have to listen more the next time I play!

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Happened to me a lot of times, too.
Protip: If a fight seems lost, just keep button mashing like crazy and sometimes you will be victorious - and you will notice that you are still alive :D

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
One time, it was me and my teammate vs one guy...My teammate got killed and the other guy got killed at the same time. I thought the enemy got both of us, so I just stopped moving...
Right when I realized that I was alive, it was over, a roller rolled me over. Then I knew I died.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
While there was this one really embarrassing time where I did stand there, but it is just something we will have to get used to.

With that said, they could probably do something to make the death screen more clear that you were the one who died. I don't think the cries or sound effects themselves need the change.

Chocoling

Pro Squid
NNID
Mystical-Tabby
In-universe, standing there after your team mate or rival has exploded could be a traumatic response.
But yeah, often I think I have died but I'm still okay.

When you get splattered, they could have the sound of a flatline that only you hear - but then again it's supposed to be implied you don't die and splattering is natural...

KEWB

Inkling
NNID
KEWB99
They ought to just add a visual "SPLAT!" to the screen when you die.

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
GAH so busy, can't reply well to own thread >.< Yeah that may help, like if the whole screen went completely Opaque in the enemy color for a moment and then slimed off the screen. And yes I could just keep holding buttons, but then I may walk of into...*shudders*...water! Likely best option though...

Star

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Skywarp96
GAH so busy, can't reply well to own thread >.< Yeah that may help, like if the whole screen went completely Opaque in the enemy color for a moment and then slimed off the screen. And yes I could just keep holding buttons, but then I may walk of into...*shudders*...water! Likely best option though...
Gosh I hate it when I walk into the water. I do it way too often, then just feel like a fool. I think whats worse though is super jumping straight into the water. It has happened to me a few times in the mall.

The visual splat sounds like a nice idea, I keep having this problem more often.

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
I keep going Squid reflexively when low on ink or scared, when on a grate, over water. I'm like "Oh come ON! Stop doing that, me!" No excuse for that one XD

Star

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Skywarp96
I keep going Squid reflexively when low on ink or scared, when on a grate, over water. I'm like "Oh come ON! Stop doing that, me!" No excuse for that one XD
Haha I've done the same a few times, like trying to escape as a squid while standing on a grate. "Shoot better run- ...nope. Nope never mind." You are definitely not the only one. :)

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
Haha. Yeah I have to stop doing that. Though mostly now I just wander over too far on a raised potion of mall and...well...*glubglub* It keeps ending my streaks because I am too focused lol

meleesplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meleebrawler
You could always use bomb sniffer to distinguish enemy and friendly explosives better.

sweetface

Inkster Jr.
NNID
badesire
This same thing has been happening to me. I'll assume I'm the one who got killed instead of it being the other way around, and then I end up getting killed because of my confusion... but I don't think they should take away the sound, it's just something I've got to work on fixing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom