I had a dream that...

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
I woke up and decided that I wanted to play Splatoon so I booted up my wii and noticed something different...

The update number had changed meaning there was an update and what it brought forward was really interesting.
There was a different interface than usual (similar to the matrix, I remember it being translucent green) There was an option to create tournaments similar to sm4sh and there were plaza options that allowed you to take group photos and different poses, etc.

As for the gear, there were special 3 star gear that allowed 5 slots (yes freaking 5 slots) that came immediately filled with random subs and you were able to roll them if you wished.

Just weird thinking about it.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
I had a dream where Blackbelly Skatepark went under construction like Urchin and emerged an abomination of Splatoon stage design where it was the largest stage (like five Piranha Pits) segmented into rooms designed like a japanese high school (one room was a Mahi Mahi sized gym with a wooden floor, one was a big classroom), the spawn points were at the top of a long waterslide type thing that slid down into the hallway which served as the connecting hub between rooms, and the original portion of the skatepark was in tact as a parking lot section of the stage with the single bizarre exception that EVERYTHING WAS A LOT TALLER. the cylindrical ramps were large steep protrusions and the center tower was like a skyscraper.

It was a nightmare

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Interesting. I have a lot of weird dreams sometimes where stuff I want to happen will happen, although I usually wake up as soon as I realize how these things don't make sense to have happened.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
All I dream about is, for some reason, missing out on splafests. Pretty lame nightmares if you ask me.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Haha other than that strange one i mentioned above, sometimes I just have dreams that I'm playing splatoon... like better than I normally would, but not flawlessly. It's strange how realistic some of the dreams are as far as details in my subconscious adhering to the rules of the game. o.o

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I have a dream that one day, down in Inkopoplis, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of "interposition" and "nullification" one day right there in Inkopoplis little octoling boys and octoling girls will be able to join hands with little inkling boys and inkling girls as sisters and brothers.

Couldn't resist, was the first thing that popped into my head when reading the title.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Aside from the Splatfest thing, I've never really had any Splatoon-related dreams. There was this from a while back though:

What happened was even weirder: I'm in bed, starting to fall asleep, and before I fall asleep I... how do I say it... I was looking at the GamePad screen, and there was a little squid form Inkling moving around random geometric patterns, akin to the stage layouts you see on the GamePad in the Octo Valley... that's exactly what it was, actually.
Since then, I've had it where I can visually imagine myself playing Splatoon, usually swinging away with my Krak-On Roller on the upper part of Saltspray Rig. It only happens in the few moments before I fall asleep though. Very strange, if you ask me.

Color

Inkster Jr.
NNID
cubecolor
I read somewhere that if you play a game for a long enough time you start thinking about it in your head a lot, like tetris for example. I'd imagine that's how people have splatoon-related dreams right? I've had a few, but I can't really recall much because I don't remember my dreams very well.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
I read somewhere that if you play a game for a long enough time you start thinking about it in your head a lot, like tetris for example. I'd imagine that's how people have splatoon-related dreams right? I've had a few, but I can't really recall much because I don't remember my dreams very well.
Yeah, definitely happens with Tetris. But the intricate detail in a Splatoon match far exceeds stacking blocks, which is what baffles/amazes me so much about my Splatoon dreams. The sub-conscience really is capable of incredible things.

Back in 2014 I had Hyrule Warriors dreams of a comparable level of detail. Haha.

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
want to know how much I hate port on tw? yep dream:

So the first match was blurry other knowing my team won easily. The reason for pointing this out is because of that win, I did not care about winning this next match. However before explaining that next match I had some weird things happen that are more RL base

So I went to buy this house near my current one for some reason. During the day I have it all to my self but at night the family that is selling it still stays there. I did not know this at the time I bought it and I had this weird idea that it was a good idea to sell it myself before 29 days is up. Ok now back to the splatoon part (really if you asked me to explain I would be like it is a dream, when do they make sense?>.> people should not be living in a house that you have no control over that you bought)

So here I am just talking to someone I met as I let the tower count down for the other team. Then for whatever reason I thought it would be an easy win if I super jump to my "new house" (I guess owning the house grants me the power to super jump to it) So I super jump there, and just happened to be near the goal of the tower. I jump on the tower when the other team had around 10 points. I take out the person on it while the 3 people on the ground was shooting at me but could not splat me because I hid behind the pole. So I rode the tower back to their base and won because they simply gave up shooting at me and went to talk to their friends like I was doing earlier. (kinda like that [Splatoon GMOD] Splat Territory, vid, maybe i was watching that too much that night too) now it is night and I really like this one friend I met because of the splatoon match. But first I had to make sure my card capture recorded the match so I ran to my old house and checked. It actually did not record it live so I had to upload it using the memory save recall thing.

I take her to my new house and the family was there (remember I have some random family living at my house at night for some reason?)so we decided to walk to her house. Well when we entered her house the people there did not like the idea at all with me being friends with her so we ran away. Her family like many brothers chase us and some of them had real guns. We thought it was a good idea to hide in the house I bought (I wonder why i did not super jump back to it XD) and of course the family was still there. It was explained that her family did not like me being friends with her because she was not a real human but more like a robot (basically like artificial human, very like a human, not a robot you would never know without this explaining, if you know about realians in xenosaga, its like that) So as her family tried to seek us out they got closer and closer to the house. We tried different exits to get away but they where all blocked off (there was a point I had a struggle with one and pointing their own gun at the person but then I did that with a different person and a different gun and that different gun was actually reversed making the back end the part the bullets shout out from. I forgot the exact placements of these struggles) regardless I got away and now we are on the roof of the house trying to find a path out by jumping across the different roofs. However they caught on this tactic rather quickly and started to cut us off that way too.

This is where I woke up and realized it was related to port tw trying to get out of being locked out of your spawn point (that place where all spawn point paths meet, that big area) and that hopping across on the boxes and hide behind them does not help when people are smart)

I had a nightmare that was playing against all S+ snipers while using the Octobrush and all my teammates disconnected..... It was literally the worst thing ever.
then you realise that really happened and wasn't a dream >.>

I really had a match like that, the other team was 4 Japanese S+ level 50, 3k-eliters

TeaBee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BuzzyTeaBee
I had a dream that I was playing a game that began like Megaman Zero. In an abandoned laboratory, instead of Zero, there was a robot girl that looked like Leviathan only orange having two tails and carrying a minibot or cyber elf. To be honest my dream was a lot longer and this was the last part of my dream. It felt more interesting the the others, so I didn't talk about them.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Okay, now I've actually had a Splatoon-specific dream.

It was some weird ******* offspring of Blackbelly Skatepark and... something, possibly a map I'd made in Halo's Forge a few years ago. I was using the vanilla Slosher, and I was getting a bunch of Burst Bomb kills and Inkstrikes fired off. I'd snuck around the enemy base, taking out enemy squids along the away. Finally I'd climbed this wall and reached higher ground, where there was a... big, square platform, unconnected to the main map yet somehow leading to one of the spawns. There was a team there, getting interviewed, and I couldn't tell if it was my team or not. There was also some other guy watching a George Lopez special off to the side.

How very strange...

TeaBee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BuzzyTeaBee
Okay, now I've actually had a Splatoon-specific dream.

It was some weird ******* offspring of Blackbelly Skatepark and... something, possibly a map I'd made in Halo's Forge a few years ago. I was using the vanilla Slosher, and I was getting a bunch of Burst Bomb kills and Inkstrikes fired off. I'd snuck around the enemy base, taking out enemy squids along the away. Finally I'd climbed this wall and reached higher ground, where there was a... big, square platform, unconnected to the main map yet somehow leading to one of the spawns. There was a team there, getting interviewed, and I couldn't tell if it was my team or not. There was also some other guy watching a George Lopez special off to the side.

How very strange...
Great now we need a SFM of this. :D

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
...am I the only one that still gets Splatoon dreams?

Well, I had another one last night. This time I was playing Rainmaker on Ancho-V Games, or at least something like it. The map was mirrored, and underneath where the left fan platform by the spawn is, there was a lowered area with a bunch of checkpoints on the ground; all I remember about them was that you could Super Jump to them.

It was... pretty anticlimactic, actually. The match starts, I went and grabbed the Rainmaker, fired a shot off to the right and swam that way, only to be ambushed when I got into their base. I cursed my teammates out for not having my back, then moved on and helped get it further into their base.

Beyond that, I don't remember much. Although I think it's amusing that awful teammates managed to haunt me even after hitting the lights.

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
Nope, you're not. I've had a few random Splatoon dreams, but can only really remember three. One of them involved some weird new map being released. It was really huge and just... very unrealistic. I've also had a dream about the 2.0.0 update the night before it came.... I was that excited about it. Then later I had a dream that I got to S+ 99... I wish. XD

Puffy

Senior Squid
NNID
Annakittykat
I once had a dream where Splatoon was real, and I was playing with my cousins, but every weapon I touched had some fault or another (lower range than usual, slower fire rate, etc.) I remember just standing there shooting at one of my cousins, and rather than splatting he was just staring back at me like "Uhh, I don't know what's going on, but I'm sorry?", so my friend Leslie (that's what I named my female Inkling amiibo, LOL.) suggested that I try the Classic Squiffer, which proved to work better. I had this dream a long time ago, but it was so realistic and cool that I kind of hope I never forget it. xD

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Phew, glad I could find this thread!

After dozing off this morning, I dreamt that I was playing Rainmaker on Arowana with the Tri. The opponents had some standard team composition; one of my teammates was a Tentatek and the other was probably a Splatterscope. We were down one for at least most of the match, perhaps all of it. I very vividly remember playing amazingly throughout; the opponents got down to a score of 1.3 (in my dream, it was precise to a tenth of a point) but we managed to fend them off. I and the 'scope then allowed the Tentatek to make a mad dash with the Rainmaker while the two of us distracted all four opponents on our side, and we won by KO just before the timer ran out. Interestingly, at that point, my perspective switched to the Tentatek, who may or may not have been able to use their main weapon to clear a path. They went up the left alleyway, which I think was already inked by us, but then had to cover the stretch to the podium. I felt amazing and then woke up and was inordinately sad that that hadn't really happened to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom