• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

I Have A Game Mode Idea

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
So... This just popped into my head while I was replaying all of the levels where you have to fight Octolings over and over and over and over (because I'm hopelessly obsessed with them).

You've probably noticed that all of those levels take place on regular Turf War maps. The objective is to reclaim 8 Mini Zapfish. That could easily be made into a new Game Mode.

It would be a matter of offense and defense. The defending team would play as the Octolings and would have to defend the Mini-Zapfish on their side of the map. The attacking team would play as Inklings. The Octolings would just be the usual soliders while the Inklings could be something like Agent "recruits" (Agents A, B, C, and D maybe) who would be recruited by Callie while Marie acts as mission control for Agent 4.

Just like in Salmon Run, there would be four, pre-selected weapons for each team. The Inklings would get fully upgraded Hero Weapons, and they would have Hero Suits too, meaning they can survive an additional hit. To make it more like Octo Canyon (and more balanced) each Agent would only get one life. If they get splatted, then they would have to wait until one of their fellows would get a Mini Zapfish to "power up" the respawn point, but doing so would count against the amount of Zapfish they need to get back.

The Octolings would get Octarian versions of the four weapons, and to give them some advantages, they would also be able to do anything they can do in Octo Canyon. This means that they can Super Jump anywhere they want at any time (except within a radius of the Inkling's spawn), they can respawn as many times as they want at a slightly faster pace, and so on.

As another feature to give the Octolings a bit of an edge since the advantages lean towards Inklings in this, the Octolings would have access to special abilities exclusive to the game mode, and their team. Inkzookas and Krakens come to mind, since those have yet to make a reappearance. In turn, Inklings could find Armor scattered around the map. A lot of balancing would have to go into this aspect, and it might even be better to just cut it out entirely.

Think of it like Capture The Flag... except there's a lot of flags. At first, you would only have to get say... four Zapfish to win, but that number would gradually increase as you ranked up and got more and more experienced. I didn't really even mean to get this specific. The gist of it is that any level with Octolings has potential to be made into its own game mode and that's it. So there.

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Apartment In Inkopolis With His 3 Friends
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
This is actually a really fun idea! I was about to say it was like Salmon Run, but then you beat me to it! This game idea does actually sound fun, and I love playing the enemy team occasionally. It reminds me of a Halo Reach gamemode where one team was the aliens and the other was the spartans. Personally, maybe the Octolings could also find pieces of armor as well? I really do hope this turns out to be an actually game mode! Although I do dislike how there are 4 pre-set items but you got that idea from Salmon Run so I'll go rant on Salmon Run instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom