• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

I have a suggestion.

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
I want Nintendo to make splatoon for the 3ds, that would be so cool! but the leader of Nintendo said that we would have to be connected to the internet to play in the lobby, so ither cpu, or wi-fi:)

Bloop

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2151-0062-7941
Regular 3DS no, New 3DS maybe.
I'm a little iffy when Nintendo makes a game available for both 3DS and Wii U. Smash came out fine but I don't think it would work well with a game like Splatoon.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
It would absolutely have to be for the New models. Second stick, ZL/ZR, 3D tracking and speed are all necessary.

I have noticed not too infrequently that I'm liable misjudge distance in Splatoon when there aren't enough reference points near the enemy at whom I'm aiming; on these occasions, I've joked that Splatoon needs 3D capabilities. I think that there are too many reasons why Splatoon 3DS is a bad idea, but as someone who insists on playing every 3DS game with the 3D slider set to max, I'd really appreciate that view.
+No Gyro That would be super strange
... but the 3DS does have gyro! It's just that, along with AR cards, everyone, Nintendo included, completely forgot that it existed within months of the handheld's release. It's not nearly as capable as that of the GamePad, but nonetheless theoretically sufficient for aiming adjustments.

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
A portable splatoon would be pretty rad, but I am willing to wait tile they make one more for consoles.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I think Nintendo was actually asked about this once. The staff showed some interest in it but doubted that it could actually be a reality. The major problem is the ink. The way the ink splatters on the Wii U wouldn't work for the 3DS unfortunately. :( They said themselves that they would have to almost completely change the way the ink splatters in order to make it work for the 3DS. Nintendo has been very picky with how this game looks so I don't think they'd be willing to change it to fit the 3DS.

Hikaru54

Pro Squid
NNID
Dillator
... but the 3DS does have gyro! It's just that, along with AR cards, everyone, Nintendo included, completely forgot that it existed within months of the handheld's release. It's not nearly as capable as that of the GamePad, but nonetheless theoretically sufficient for aiming adjustments.
Lol it has gyro? In what game does the 3DS use that feature?
Nintendo has been very picky with how this game looks so I don't think they'd be willing to change it to fit the 3DS.
Ofcourse Nintendo wouldn't change the gameplay mechanics/how the game looks, that's just how they do 'stuff'. And could you imagine yourself playing Splatoon in the metro? Lol everyone would look at you. And does online gameplay work with the 3DS? Because otherwise it's only singeplayer for you lol.

Last edited:

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
My point exactly. But, hey, just shake it on the Home Menu and watch the game spin - that's a primitive application of it. It registers tilt directions, although I genuinely can't think of more than one example of that used in a game (namely one particular puzzle in Professor Layton 5).

Bloop

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2151-0062-7941
My point exactly. But, hey, just shake it on the Home Menu and watch the game spin - that's a primitive application of it. It registers tilt directions, although I genuinely can't think of more than one example of that used in a game (namely one particular puzzle in Professor Layton 5).
Dream Team, OoT, Majora, and Mario Kart 7 come to mind.
I also agree with Cuttle about having the 3D on the maximum... I doubt many people could play like that. Maybe instead of an online-shooter, it would be like an Octo Valley-esque game with a play style like Link Between Worlds?

fuchsia

Full Squid
NNID
fuchsiaplays
cubic ninja [that's the entire game, motion controls, although now it's only ever used for hacking], ocarina of time, mario kart.
just. you know. not many.

i personally don't think the game would work well on the 3ds and i'm perfectly happy with it sticking to home consoles.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I don't think it'll work because the Internet requirements it'll demand. And I think Online modes aren't great on the 3DS (don't own the new one, so I can't say about that one)

fuchsia

Full Squid
NNID
fuchsiaplays
Maybe instead of an online-shooter, it would be like an Octo Valley-esque game with a play style like Link Between Worlds?
i take my comment back, if we got a story-focused game that expanded hero mode and gave us a more complicated and longer plot, i think that would be a good 3ds version of the game. it would be more of a spinoff than main game, but i'm okay with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom