I just got a shiny piece of gear... THROUGH LEVEL UPS!

TacoOfDestruction

Pro Squid
NNID
JD1973
A Paisley bandana (krak-on) just rolled 3 ink recovery up subs from levelling it up, while it should roll swim speed, as this is the preferred ability. The way it rolled was that the first 2 abilitys rolled at the same time, and later in came the third one.
This has made me think: am I the first person to get a shiny of level ups? Will abilitys always roll the same ability if the roll at the same time? And what exactly is the probability of this happening?

SplatoonisBagels

Inkster Jr.
NNID
joje02
I saw you in the plaza a few days ago. Found it today with Spyke but no luck. How'd you roll the first two slots at the same time?

TacoOfDestruction

Pro Squid
NNID
JD1973
I just got it today so it might not have been me
when you win in the high ranks you get lots of points, and I got enough to roll the first 2 at the same time

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
The odds were pretty out there for that to happen. Treasure it!

All of my shiny gear has been gotten through multiple re-rolls and they are all the preferred ability for that brand. The only shiny I ever got purely through level up was a Splatfest tee, which of course was a big waste of time

Kayura05

Inkster Jr.
I have gotten almost 7 pieces of gear like this, and more that lose out on the last slot. Here's hoping it's not your only one.

NNID
m0nkeyd0g
I rolled three bomb range ups :ability_bombrange: just from leveling up with the FC Albacore (damage up main, with the most likely sub being special charge up :ability_specialcharge:). For the other gear I've gotten shiny just from leveling up, I always got the most likely sub ability.

Kayura05

Inkster Jr.
I don't keep track of brands and favored subs, I just go with whatever the game or Spyke gives me. Get it? It's a joke because Spyke gives me NOTHING. I may have gotten 1 perfect reroll from him but never from orders. I will have to get some pics of my gear, but I do know I have the White Anchor Tee that has :ability_ninjasquid: and 3 :ability_damage:attached to it and a LOT of :ability_swimspeed: subbed gear. No idea why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom