• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

I love chasing down a sniper

GreenKirby

Inkling
NNID
NoName9999
You see a sniper on higher ground trying to earn some free hits and hinder your team’s progress. And you decide to ambush him by crawling up the wall for a sneak attack. Or even better, when they’re trying to aim at you, but since you’re in the wall, it’s futile. But they do it anyway HOPING that an ever loving God gives him a miracle. Panicking, the sniper decides to flee but you’re on his tail like a predator on the hunt. You shoot him a bit to whittle down his HP. And the sniper realizes he trapped. There’s no more ally ink for him to swim too. So he decides to escape by foot… while he’s on enemy ink. And it’s like watching a wounded animal on its last legs in desperation. So you decide to go all Leon Powalski and say “I think I’ll torture you for awhile!” And when you’re done you pull the final shot and watch him explode. Your ink marking yet more territory as his remains devolve into nothingness.

And then you taunt and hear the Inkling girl’s cute cry of “Yaaaay!” and giggle at another kill well done

Caramiella

Inkling
NNID
CaramelSundae
I share your sentiments on this. I'm definitely a close-combat type of person, and I always chase and hunt down Chargers/Snipers when I get the chance.

Seeing them freak out and try to run/swim away or shoot recklessly at you before you splat them is so rewarding. :p

Haeeun

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Haeeun
Surprising them with :bubbler: is also pretty satisfying. Along with rollers. When you trap a roller, then they try to splat you, but then you bubble, its great.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
One of my main weapons is the Carbon Roller Deco. I personally favor going around [hopefully without them noticing] and coming up from behind them, swatting them like a fly. :P It's also quite fun on certain stages to recklessly jump in front of them and swat them before they can shoot their weapon. Reckless because if they shoot first then I'm dead first haha. xP

Since Bubblers were mentioned... Rollers really do need to learn not to take a Splattershot Jr head on in Turf Wars. You're almost always going to get hit with it. Instead, it's quite satisfying to go around and get them from behind. 'Course that doesn't work if your team isn't winning and you don't have any ink to sneak in. :c

rndethan

Inkster Jr.
NNID
rndmuch
Being a Splattershot Pro user, I love it when snipers forget that their weapons aren't the only ones with good range... Anyway when there's a sniper stopping my team from progressing, I like instantly turn into a terminator and my main priority becomes killing them.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
The feeling of getting a sniper from behind is really nice omg yes

Caramiella

Inkling
NNID
CaramelSundae
Being a Splattershot Pro user, I love it when snipers forget that their weapons aren't the only ones with good range... Anyway when there's a sniper stopping my team from progressing, I like instantly turn into a terminator and my main priority becomes killing them.
Thats basically me when I'm maining the Custom Jet Squelcher in Ranked and some Charger is preventing my team from advancing.

The Suction Bombs are also a nice way to quickly drive them out of their camping sites. ;)

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I can't deny snipers are the most satisfying players to splat, especially one that gives you trouble for the entire match. Splatting one with an inkzooka when they think they have you pinned down is also a magical feeling.

Remember that thread I made where I talked about showing mercy to low level players? When they use chargers, I throw that sentiment out the door. If I can potentially discourage another person from becoming a sniper, then I have done my duty for all the other close range players like myself.

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
I remember one time I was being chased at the warehouse, kept throwing burst bombs to defend myself as I tried to get away. I think I was saved by a teammate at the nick of time, don't remember who they were though...

Anyways, one thing I've kind of wondered is why people hate chargers so much?

shy

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2855-0246-7213
Every time I chase down a sniper they always throw splat bombs at me then we both end up getting splatted.

rndethan

Inkster Jr.
NNID
rndmuch
I remember one time I was being chased at the warehouse, kept throwing burst bombs to defend myself as I tried to get away. I think I was saved by a teammate at the nick of time, don't remember who they were though...

Anyways, one thing I've kind of wondered is why people hate chargers so much?
It's not that people hate chargers, it's just that we dislike it when the good snipers are on the other team because it usually results in a loss for us lol

Dish

Full Squid
NNID
Englannd
loln thatll never work against a decent charger that knows how to super jump

nishijimagi

Inkling
NNID
Akumatan
I remember chasing down this charger throughout the whole match so much they ran away from me every time they saw me. I felt so good about it. After that they weren't a problem to my team c:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom