• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

I love chasing down a sniper

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
It's not that people hate chargers, it's just that we dislike it when the good snipers are on the other team because it usually results in a loss for us lol
Haha, well I guess I understand that.

I do have some weapons I hate going up against too. That includes 3K scopes since they can actually hit me from a distance too when I'm sniping. Another one is the Dynamo since that thing has a lot of range despite being a roller, they seem to like going after me often...

Squidderp

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Mr.Dorito
I like when I can just waltz up and splat a newbie charger user by dancing around the shots. That moment of utter shock tho.

dapperlace

Pro Squid
Seekers in Arowana Mall are gold for this, since the person playing the charger isn't looking where I need to send them from.

That aside, it's pretty satisfying to get close and personal, and splat them before they can react.

Cynlet

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Guantcynlet
You guys are cruel, you know that?

I get the feeling nobody likes us chargers anymore.
I feel the same way, but I can't really blame them cause I hate facing chargers on the opposing team as they are always better then me...

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
TFW when we sneak around a sniper's FOV and get the drop on them, or tag them after your teammate flushes them out of position :D

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
I remember taking down a sniper by just rushing forward. Thing is I actually has Ninja Squid equipped so he didnt see it coming. So i went up to him and SPLAT. It felt so good and it was kinda his fault for standing in front our own ink.

When your really good sniper gets taken down, it could mean it's all over for your team.
You see a sniper on higher ground trying to earn some free hits and hinder your team’s progress. And you decide to ambush him by crawling up the wall for a sneak attack. Or even better, when they’re trying to aim at you, but since you’re in the wall, it’s futile. But they do it anyway HOPING that an ever loving God gives him a miracle. Panicking, the sniper decides to flee but you’re on his tail like a predator on the hunt. You shoot him a bit to whittle down his HP. And the sniper realizes he trapped. There’s no more ally ink for him to swim too. So he decides to escape by foot… while he’s on enemy ink. And it’s like watching a wounded animal on its last legs in desperation. So you decide to go all Leon Powalski and say “I think I’ll torture you for awhile!” And when you’re done you pull the final shot and watch him explode. Your ink marking yet more territory as his remains devolve into nothingness.

And then you taunt and hear the Inkling girl’s cute cry of “Yaaaay!” and giggle at another kill well done
That reminds me of a time I trapped an E-Liter. He was surrounded by my team's ink (plus he had to jump out of the way of an Inkstrike) and I cornered him. He tries using his stupid close range Burst Bomb thing on me, but nope! I had a Splattershot Jr. on me which means Bubbler. >:)

I took him out and showered myself with the salt from his tears.

Cyrex

Inkling
NNID
nitr0monkey
Am I the only one who thought this would be about getting the drop on on a charger than getting burst bombed or krakened?

Zahntavier

Senior Squid
Flip side, as a charger main. Its super satisfying to get cornered and splat them via uncharged shots, or uncharged shots and a splat bomb, or a super close charged shot, or uncharged shots and a sprinkler (the best).

Usually though, i get splatted.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
aside from getting chargers, it's sometimes really fun to just distract them. I had a match where three chargers locked down moray towers, and i had my a-hole speed build, which consisted of splash-o-matic, 1 swim speed main, 5 speed subs, and a bit of ink saver/recovery.

my team had better weapons to deal with it, so i spent the match in the center area, surrounded by lasers, jumping and swimming everywhere like a madman, and splatting anything that got too impatient or frustrated. i didn't survive all the time, but each encounter would last 40 seconds or more. it was intense, and hilarious.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It seems like the hate rollers used to get was shifted towards chargers.
I can't deny snipers are the most satisfying players to splat, especially one that gives you trouble for the entire match. Splatting one with an inkzooka when they think they have you pinned down is also a magical feeling.

Remember that thread I made where I talked about showing mercy to low level players? When they use chargers, I throw that sentiment out the door. If I can potentially discourage another person from becoming a sniper, then I have done my duty for all the other close range players like myself.
This post actually gives me one extra reason to go back to maining chargers.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet

Don't tell me you don't enjoy getting the one-up on good opponents, no matter the weapon. would you prefer the title changed to "tips on handling chargers," or "bragging thread: vs chargers?"

Sarcasm aside, you'll probably find a lot of charger/distance mains (ahem...) who have experienced this here, or share their own stories on this thread. there's (hopefully) no bitterness implied, just fun competition.

Demonic Labrys

Pro Squid
NNID
Omega_Snakey
I think in Splatzone on Saltspray rig i saw a Lvl 50 S rank Sniper i saw killing me and my teammates and i decided to chase her down and splated her and when she respawned i pinned her in one area adn we won the match because of that XD

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.

The part about discouraging other players was mostly a joke. Now if that were to happen, I would not complain, but chances are a new charger player would just keep practicing.

Anyway, the reason I, and many others feel so much satisfaction from taking a charger down is due to their many advantages over us. It's no fun being splatted by an enemy repeatedly you cannot even hope to touch without a special weapon. I just hate the idea of being target practice, so when I can get a charger, I prove I'm just as capable as they are.

Demonic Labrys

Pro Squid
NNID
Omega_Snakey
The part about discouraging other players was mostly a joke. Now if that were to happen, I would not complain, but chances are a new charger player would just keep practicing.

Anyway, the reason I, and many others feel so much satisfaction from taking a charger down is due to their many advantages over us. It's no fun being splatted by an enemy repeatedly you cannot even hope to touch without a special weapon. I just hate the idea of being target practice, so when I can get a charger, I prove I'm just as capable as they are.
yep and in certain maps chargers have a disadvantage like Hammerhead bridge but in ranked battles they are dangerous

Lorbeerprinz

Full Squid
NNID
lorbeerprinz
You guys are cruel, you know that?

I get the feeling nobody likes us chargers anymore.
Sometimes I get the same feeling, I get targeted by three people simultaneously so often, it's not funny anymore. I mean, I have the disadvantage in close combat, so why three guys? Is that really neccessary? But then again, most time I just go Kraken.

Demonic Labrys

Pro Squid
NNID
Omega_Snakey
Sometimes I get the same feeling, I get targeted by three people simultaneously so often, it's not funny anymore. I mean, I have the disadvantage in close combat, so why three guys? Is that really neccessary? But then again, most time I just go Kraken.
i like chargers but i always think having a sniper helps the team but i actually don't hate chargers cause i had to deal with snipers in Halo
but the one thing i hate is the bubbler -____-

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
Eliter 3k scope custom is the true bane. Slap on a bit more range, and that "save me" button, and there's nothing you can do. :)

TheN64

Inkling
NNID
N64PCGamer
I was playing tower control, and there was a sniper. He was pretty good... BUT THEN he jumped onto the tower while we had control, he kind of wibble wabbled around on the tower until the game realized that I had been shooting him for a good solid 5 seconds and he died. Lesson learned, right? NOPE. He did it three more times until the end of the match. Oh, and they all failed in almost the same way btw.

Monkfish

Inkling
As an E-liter main, I love it in Turf Wars when my three other teammates decide to unsuccessfully spawn camp or triple team a dynamo and I can see them get splatted one-by-one until it's me 1v4 (NA splatfest anyone?). I just want to unlock my new gear's subs to use in ranked! Then again, nothing is better than getting the drop on the opposing team's charger and seeing him scramble and have a seizure when he/she sees my targeting laser flick up.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
As a Kelp charger main, I find this quite amusing. You want to get up all in my face? Be my guest. I'll just put a sprinkler down in between us and while it blocks your shots, I will be more than happy to shoot you in the face at point blank range. Makes my job much easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom