I love the H3 Nozzlenose D

Trunks159

Full Squid
NNID
Trunks159
Seriously guys, this weapon is actually pretty good. Killing it in rank S currently.

Are there really no other people who share my opinion??

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
I used the regular variant for a bit, but I felt like the range and power increase weren't worth the tradeoff of the insane mobility of the L-3.

I'm glad you're doing work with it, though! You should evangelize for it

Trunks159

Full Squid
NNID
Trunks159
I sometimes use the L3. Much easier weapon to get used to. The H3 sort of makes me play a completely different game.

NotAPerso

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PersocomLover
H3 Nozzlenose is a very good bully weapon. But to be effective it needs some map control and good positioning. Generally a bully is on the opposing side of the frontlines (slightly in enemy territory) and picks players off as they come in forcing potentially unsafe super jumps. Bullying is made easier by the fact that both variations have a tracker to gain initiative easily spotting foes as they enter range. The biggest problem setting up to bully which relys on teammates to get some kills while you set up. It's a good bully weapon in theory anyways but requires precise accuracy and less forgiveness than other "bully" weapons like Neo sploosh, carbon roller, regular .96 Gal, or Custom Jet. So, in concept it's great, but the precision required to utilize its potential is a bit high making it rarely used and often overlooked.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I was having a particularly unpleasant losing streak a few weeks ago, so I told myself that if I were to lose anyway I may as well do it while learning a new weapon. So I hauled out the H-3 D, 0 points on it, and scored 9-0 on Arowana TW. I wasn't even playing the assassin role; I was more or less playing it like an L-3 with more delay! When the stage shifted to Triggerfish I did even better, with 13 or so kills.

The bottom line is I do like this weapon, but I agree with the above in that it needs a good amount of map control before it shines. One thing to keep in mind is that it's absurdly difficult to strafe with this weapon, as the camera automatically swings in the direction you're walking during the cooldown between shots. You can avoid this by holding the Y button while strafing (which is excellent for turf covering) but again watch out because if you press that button after starting to strafe, your camera WILL swing 90° and lock there.

Your best bet is to move slightly forward in squid form, press and hold Y, then start strafing to cover large rectangles of turf. That, or fire once and go back to repositioning; only firing from the cover of your ink.

Trunks159

Full Squid
NNID
Trunks159
Really, as I've grown with this weapon I haven't had the map control problem. My accuracy has improved dramatically.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
I would never, ever, I do mean never, say it's "good". It sadly never will be. Trust me, I wanted it to be, but it just isn't. It has no idea what it wants to be. It can't be very effective in Close Combat, it's decent at best when used at mid range, but why EVER use it over something like the Gals? I mean, every weapon is usable, but nothing except a complete overhaul will make the H-3 "good". That is reserved for the L-3.

Glad you're making it work though, more power to ya!

JFL

Senior Squid
NNID
AldricJFL
l love the H3 too, the regular version though, but l think it's one of the weakest weapons in the game. And it's only for one stupid reason that is in my opinion completely unjustifiable from a gameplay perspective: the fact the one burst kill mechanic is seemingly random and that most of the time it takes two bursts to kill. lt completely destroys the very concept of the weapon (a slower nozzlenose that sacrifices mobility and firerate in favor of power) and if you take in consideration its pre buff range that was similar to the L3 it makes me think Nintendo really didn't know what they were doing when they created this weapon.

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
I tried out the version with point sensor and Inkzooka. I would say it's a bad weapon, because it's easy to compare it with the Splattershot pro forge: same sub and special. I would say you can more or less copy the H3 with the pro, while the opposite is not true. So, I would take the pro.

Of course it's not totally true. For example the H3 is more precise, and you can imitate a one shot kill of a blaster in some situations, and with quite the range. But honestly, in these situations, you would get a similar result from the pro.

Though I think it's not a good weapon, I would recommend it for learning purpose (A-S levels). In a duel, a good shooter player will shoot, swim, and repeat in very short succession, while a bad player will just shoot endleddly until one of the two players (or both) die. Of course there are lots of steps in between. If you use the H3 with the condition "I have to swim between two 3-shots", then you should be able to improve your movements in battle. Then take back your usual weapon, and go S+!

Not saying you can't be S+ with that, by the way. You can with every weapon.

karl childers

Full Squid
I really want to like the H3 but I hate how strafing throws your aim off. The weapon could have potential if it weren't for that.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I really want to like the H3 but I hate how strafing throws your aim off. The weapon could have potential if it weren't for that.
If you're talking about the strange camera swing that happens between rounds, see my post above. You can hold the Y button with the right technique to continue facing forward.

Trunks159

Full Squid
NNID
Trunks159
Few thoughts:

Problem was that I was simply trying it out in the past. Took me like a week to actually get those nasty 1 burst kills consistently.

For the record, its not bad at close range. The 1 burst becomes easier, and your ability to dip in and out of ink (like L3) is emphasized. I usually don't strafe though. I use it similar to how a blaster would, jumping in and out of ink.

Oh, and I think the point sensor is just terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom