I made a presentation on the Hydra Splatling

QuagSass

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-6661-0032
I've mentioned it on my profile, but yes I've made a full-on powerpoint presentation on the Hydra Splatling.
And I'm now releasing it into the wild. It's a chunky 75+ slides long, so if you plan on reading the whole thing, kudos to you.

That being said, it's not finished yet. I plan on adding more to it, because my thoughts are never-ending and my love eternal. It is very close to a completed state though, so it should give you enough of an idea on how far gone I am. And also I really need to scream into the void after working on it for so long.

You can find the presentation here

I take no criticism, unless it's something along the lines of "are you ok?" or "do you need help?" ❤

Mp3

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
Female she/her
If I view it in google slides you can see who views it which could reveal legal names
Could you check if that’s the case

Tereox

Full Squid
Pronouns
they/them
My phone won't let me view it, but your readme did make me consider writing a little essay about my mains

(Consider, they say, as if they don't have an introductory paragraph already)

QuagSass

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-6661-0032
My phone won't let me view it, but your readme did make me consider writing a little essay about my mains

(Consider, they say, as if they don't have an introductory paragraph already)
I've uploaded a PDF-version of it, which hopefully plays nicer with mobile users. (ha, I knew I forgot something)

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
she/her
...I love this omg. the level of detail. the enthusiasm. even going into the tableturf card XD incredible. I feel Inspired somewhat.

only thing is that I can't seem to view any of the videos for some reason (it says I need to 'request permission') I dunno if that's just me?

QuagSass

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-6661-0032
...I love this omg. the level of detail. the enthusiasm. even going into the tableturf card XD incredible. I feel Inspired somewhat.

only thing is that I can't seem to view any of the videos for some reason (it says I need to 'request permission') I dunno if that's just me?
that's odd. I did have to re-upload the videos when I uploaded it to google drive, so maybe that messed up the permissions somehow? I re-did the permissions for every individual video so hopefully it works now.
If not then you might just have to download it

Tereox

Full Squid
Pronouns
they/them
I learned a lot, and you calling out Sheldon on being a liar and a fraud had me wheezing.

Also, the chicken in the top right corner on some of the slides, excellent addition.

Thanks for adding the pdf version, I really enjoyed reading it and realised that the hydra would actually work really well with my playstyle. Gonna give it a try again ^^
(Also, the last slide, that's epic)

QuagSass

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-6661-0032
Hear ye! Hear ye!

I have updated the presentation with 10 new slides! As well as slightly adjusting the order of certain slides.
On top of this the PDF version has also been adjusted to have proper formatting.
The link on the first post should still be usable.

I'll probably re-write some of the more informational slides for the next update. I feel like they might give a slightly misleading idea of the Hydra and it's playstyle. That and I've personally grown a fair bit as a player since I wrote them. Got a lot more to say now.

Algae

Inkling
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0896-1837-7869
I'm really impressed with your passion.
I'll probably re-write some of the more informational slides for the next update. I feel like they might give a slightly misleading idea of the Hydra and it's playstyle. That and I've personally grown a fair bit as a player since I wrote them. Got a lot more to say now.
What do ya find important to know about the hydra's playstyle?

QuagSass

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-6661-0032
What do ya find important to know about the hydra's playstyle?
I feel like the more informational slides emphasize Hydra's role as a backline maybe a biiiiit too much. It very much is a backline, but it's not a static backline, if that makes sense? A good Hydra should be constantly pushing, making space. Hydra itself is an entry tool once it's fully charged.
The more playstyle-focused slides are probably the oldest on this presentation and I feel like my wording was off on them.

electronvolt

Full Squid
Pronouns
they/them
Hydra, for such a slow, long-range weapon, is surprisingly good in mid-to-close range. (not as much as ballpoint though, which can iirc outdamage aerospray and sploosh at point blank (source: did it, may have only worked because they didn't start shooting fast enough though))

And yes, Sheldon is a liar, a fraud, and seems to have no clue how the weapons he sells actually work.
sheldonmisinformation.png

OCTöHEAD

Full Squid
Pronouns
any
I was seriously thinking "are you ok?" choosing to use a PDF as medium for something like this
but hell, I enjoyed this presentation!! I almost went hunting for soundfiles for a more emersive experience.

edit: oh, read that there were videos too and found them in the google adjusted version. lovin it!
also, quote of all time:
One can only wish to have as much joy in their life as a squid with a Hydra Splatling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom