• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

i need some advice on Arowana mall...

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
hey everyone..like the title says, i need some advice while playing on this map >.<

the moment this map became a thing and was on the rotation..i wasn't to sure what to think but after playing on it multiple times on all modes this map kicks my *** so to speak..i don't know how to play here,i struggle to splat people on this map and no matter what i do the enemy always dominate me on this map T~T yeah you can get why i dislike the map but i know that i am walking around like a idiot not knowing how i should play here,i tried everything but nothing works..i know it's me but i despise the map for giving me such a hard time...

fun fact i used to be really bad at humpback pump track i had the same situation with this map like i did on Arowana mall but somewhere on the way i learned how to play on it and now i love it alot :D but i sadly don't see this happening with Arowana mall because my performance there is even worse and right now it's on number 1 of my most hated maps >~>

i need advice..what is the best playing style here? i use the octobrush Nouveau,N zap 89 the most with this map and sometimes dapple dualies ^^''

outoftone

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1956-1157-3698
hey everyone..like the title says, i need some advice while playing on this map >.<

the moment this map became a thing and was on the rotation..i wasn't to sure what to think but after playing on it multiple times on all modes this map kicks my *** so to speak..i don't know how to play here,i struggle to splat people on this map and no matter what i do the enemy always dominate me on this map T~T yeah you can get why i dislike the map but i know that i am walking around like a idiot not knowing how i should play here,i tried everything but nothing works..i know it's me but i despise the map for giving me such a hard time...

fun fact i used to be really bad at humpback pump track i had the same situation with this map like i did on Arowana mall but somewhere on the way i learned how to play on it and now i love it alot :D but i sadly don't see this happening with Arowana mall because my performance there is even worse and right now it's on number 1 of my most hated maps >~>

i need advice..what is the best playing style here? i use the octobrush Nouveau,N zap 89 the most with this map and sometimes dapple dualies ^^''
what do you main?

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
The weird little hump in the middle isn’t very friendly for short-range weapons to try and assault simply because whoever you’re assaulting automatically has the higher ground. Try to attack from the little corridor thingies at the side.

In the middle of the map your short-range weapons should be fairly dominant - there’s not a huge amount of room to maneuver and they have a quick TTK so basically what I’m saying is you need to git gud at 1v1s.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
The weird little hump in the middle isn’t very friendly for short-range weapons to try and assault simply because whoever you’re assaulting automatically has the higher ground. Try to attack from the little corridor thingies at the side.

In the middle of the map your short-range weapons should be fairly dominant - there’s not a huge amount of room to maneuver and they have a quick TTK so basically what I’m saying is you need to git gud at 1v1s.
1 vs 1 i can handle on other maps..not on Arowana mall sadly >.< what also makes it hard for me is that the enemy is often attacking from above this is what makes it so hard for me to do anything in the middle,if i almost splatted someone or splatted someone finally then those above me splat me x.x when this kept failing i tried going above..yeah this didn't went well either x.x i feel like a noob on this map and i hate it so much since i do have the skill to play good but this map..idk what it is but i just can't seem to perform on it.

outoftone

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1956-1157-3698

i agree

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
1 vs 1 i can handle on other maps..not on Arowana mall sadly >.< what also makes it hard for me is that the enemy is often attacking from above this is what makes it so hard for me to do anything in the middle,if i almost splatted someone or splatted someone finally then those above me splat me x.x when this kept failing i tried going above..yeah this didn't went well either x.x i feel like a noob on this map and i hate it so much since i do have the skill to play good but this map..idk what it is but i just can't seem to perform on it.
Attacking from above from where?

(It’s important information)

If they’re perched far away from you lobbing a bomb over at them can give you a little breathing room/time to close the distance (depending on where they are)

Edit: the map doesn’t magically make you bad at 1v1s. You still need to up your game in order to control the highly contested middle area.

Last edited:

-*-

Full Squid

Brushes are a garunteed failure on this course, stick with mid to long range weapons. Nzap 89 is perfect especially because of the tents missiles. Hit enemies from the side and avoid head on, remember it’s a two level floor stage, meaning you might engage with a fighter on the ground and be targeted from someone up top :p expect the unexpected

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom