• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

I sent my GamePad into limbo.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Ah, gee, good to know! Thanks for the info! Now I'm less worried about breaking my gamepad myself at some point. And no, not due to saltiness. I just happen to have a strong grip at times. Who knows, one day I'll post a picture of a gamepad that finally gave in and snapped in half. ;_;
LOL, I don't think the plastic gives way despite the creaking. I have a grip of death too, when highly focused on things (it was torture when I tried to learn musical instruments :D )

I'm more worried about wearing out the ZR trigger when playing brushes, and did indeed have a stick fail just from normal use (springs and such give in after a while of course!.) It took a long time. It developed slight drift periodically way back when Bayonetta 2 came out, but was fine since, until Splatoon. It was fine for a while, then suddenly became hypersensitive, and then became very insensitive when turning right. Sniping with only left turns turned out to be difficult. ;)

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
LOL, I don't think the plastic gives way despite the creaking. I have a grip of death too, when highly focused on things (it was torture when I tried to learn musical instruments :D )
Now that's reassuring, if only a little. The creaking is really casting shivers down my spine whenever I notice it. Needless to say, it wouldn't be the first time that I break something by just applying too strong a grip on it. ;_;
Did those instruments survive your bad habit? :D

I'm more worried about wearing out the ZR trigger when playing brushes, and did indeed have a stick fail just from normal use (springs and such give in after a while of course!.) It took a long time. It developed slight drift periodically way back when Bayonetta 2 came out, but was fine since, until Splatoon. It was fine for a while, then suddenly became hypersensitive, and then became very insensitive when turning right. Sniping with only left turns turned out to be difficult. ;)
That's the main reason why I don't use buckets or brushes period! xD Jk, the truth is that my fingers can't spam ZR well enough compared to other buttons e.g. the top buttons (A/B/X/Y). It's kinda weird.
But hey, I don't see your problem there. Imagine the confused looks on your enemies' faces when they encounter a sniper who'd spin round the entire match and still sink 'em all. Now that'd take sniping to a whole new level, don't you think? Yes, I'm kidding. I'd probably flip out if my right stick stopped working in either direction. Even with motion controls I do use it for quick camera adjustments.

Award

Did those instruments survive your bad habit? :D
The instruments survived. Skillful playing of them did not. I hear my distinctive renditions of Mary Had A Little Lamb can bring an audience to tears! ;)

That's the main reason why I don't use buckets or brushes period! xD Jk, the truth is that my fingers can't spam ZR well enough compared to other buttons e.g. the top buttons (A/B/X/Y). It's kinda weird.
LOL, I was that way for so long. I didn't want to ruin the button, AND it fatigued my fingers. So I took up chargers. And then I realized that to effectively ink I was spamming ZR like a brush anyway. :p

But hey, I don't see your problem there. Imagine the confused looks on your enemies' faces when they encounter a sniper who'd spin round the entire match and still sink 'em all. Now that'd take sniping to a whole new level, don't you think? Yes, I'm kidding. I'd probably flip out if my right stick stopped working in either direction. Even with motion controls I do use it for quick camera adjustments.
LOL, I saw the confused looks. They were coming from my teammates. o_O

Yeah I use motion, but the stick is still essential for spinning around...which is of course most of the game. :p

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Glad to hear that they're ok. Not so sure about your audience, lol. :D

LOL, I was that way for so long. I didn't want to ruin the button, AND it fatigued my fingers. So I took up chargers. And then I realized that to effectively ink I was spamming ZR like a brush anyway.
I remember when I took up the splat charger as my first "new" weapon after the basic Splattershot right after the first levels. Needless to say, it was one hell of a ride. I felt so sorry for my teammates for the first couple o' days. Now when I think about it, I don't always spam the ZR button for coverage, depending on the map I might prefer 1/2 to 3/4 chargers to cover larger areas when I'm not busy. I guess there's no one-size-fits-all solution for every player/situation. Or maybe it's just a terribad habit of mine. Only time will tell. o_o

LOL, I saw the confused looks. They were coming from my teammates. o_O
You should've told 'em that there's nothing wrong with feeling a little bit more on the left side one time or another.

Yeah I use motion, but the stick is still essential for spinning around...which is of course most of the game. :p
Lol true that. I remember back when I started I was easily overwhelmed by all the spinning that was required in order to have full control over what's happening. Now I'm just surprised how we're not getting dizzy at some point.

TacoOfDestruction

Pro Squid
NNID
JD1973
I've broke my gamepad twice. Once through salt and the other time it was pretty hilarious how it happened; A laggy carbon roller lag teleported behind me, and made me jump so hard that i dropped my gamepad, as i was explaining how i broke my gamepad to a customer service guy i could hear him holding back a laugh. Through both of these events i burnt a £190 shaped hole in my wallet. Moral of the story: Never get jumpscared by a carbon roller kids.

Award

I remember when I took up the splat charger as my first "new" weapon after the basic Splattershot right after the first levels. Needless to say, it was one hell of a ride. I felt so sorry for my teammates for the first couple o' days. Now when I think about it, I don't always spam the ZR button for coverage, depending on the map I might prefer 1/2 to 3/4 chargers to cover larger areas when I'm not busy. I guess there's no one-size-fits-all solution for every player/situation. Or maybe it's just a terribad habit of mine. Only time will tell. o_o
For turfing TW style, charged shots are the way to go for most maps. For cleaning up after inkstrikes/bombrushes/base-raiding-splooshes at your perch area in ranked while your incompetent aerospray/ttk/slosher teammates just leave the enemy ink where the sniper needs to operate, ZR spamming's the way to go ;)

Lol true that. I remember back when I started I was easily overwhelmed by all the spinning that was required in order to have full control over what's happening. Now I'm just surprised how we're not getting dizzy at some point.
Try running Hydra in Museum where the best place to perch is on the metal grates atop the spinning wall. I keep changing as the wall rotates between each of the 3 arms and shooting as the spinning wall goes 'round until I have to go up the next arm of the wall. Now THAT gets you dizzy! :D

I've broke my gamepad twice. Once through salt and the other time it was pretty hilarious how it happened; A laggy carbon roller lag teleported behind me, and made me jump so hard that i dropped my gamepad, as i was explaining how i broke my gamepad to a customer service guy i could hear him holding back a laugh. Through both of these events i burnt a £190 shaped hole in my wallet. Moral of the story: Never get jumpscared by a carbon roller kids.
*hides brush set....:oops:

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Okay, just want to bump this thread to update everyone on my GamePad's status.

I just got it back today, and Nintendo did a pretty good job fixing it up! It's almost as if I never even touched it.

_3241201 (Touch Up, March 24, 2016).png

Still, as others have said the salt is just not worth having to spend $100-ish and waiting a week to get it repaired. I really should start finding better ways to release my pent-up stress so that I don't have to go through all that again.

Once again, thanks for the great advice, everyone. Hoping to get chill with the game again.

luna_runes

Inkster Jr.
NNID
lilak-krypt
Actual footage of a squid breaking her vidya games :p

I'm glad things worked out for you, though. c:

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
jump so hard? i do not understand this wording >.> what happened? I want to understand funny story

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
i rather have option to buy new one. is there some kind of warrenty like if a button does not work in a short time after proper use?
There was but I was way past its coverage date when the incident happened, which sucks.

And yeah, if only Nintendo would've allowed us to buy replacement GamePads. That would've been such a lifesaver...

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
There was but I was way past its coverage date when the incident happened, which sucks.

And yeah, if only Nintendo would've allowed us to buy replacement GamePads. That would've been such a lifesaver...
no i get that, i mean FOR repairing it.

Like say i pay this 100 dollars and the thing stops working after a week. shouldn't there be some kind of warranty for that? this is why i do not like "repairs" in general.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Now you're back in the game. Sorry about the expenses but glad your pad is repaired!

And next time, use proper equipment that can withstand headbutts. =p

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
Nonsense! BAck in my day we rubbed sores into our palms from the n64 control stick. Thanks designer, I enjoy playing minigames for stars and coins on an etched target on plastic - while rotating the palms of my hand.
Mario Party on N64 - Tug of War - the struggle is real. To destroy the joystick or not to?

........I take Mario Party so seriously with my Mario Party friends that we have controllers we use for games that damage the joystick, and then we swap back to our good ones when the minigame is over.

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
To avoid doing those things I stop as soon as I lose 2 or 3 in a row. When I was a kid I broke some SNES controllers on rage, my parents beat the s*** out of me because of this.

Take care!

NovaScienceNever

Senior Squid
I'm late to this thread, but damn. I've headbutted my gamepad in rage, but i always hit the camera above the screen when I do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom