I swear I've been stuck in this B+ A- barrier for a week now ;A;

Reverse

Inkster Jr.
NNID
MKCyan
I get to A- 98 and then I just crash down to B+ then the whole process repeats constantly :l

Poyo

Senior Squid
NNID
Poyoarya
It happens.

As a rule of thumb, in almost every game, the best way to improve is to see why you're failing, then fix it.

In the case of Splatoon, why are you getting splatted? Why are you not being able to take control of the tower/zones? If it's because of your teammates, what can you do to be able to function well despite that?

Shalnark

Full Squid
If you're stuck in A- and B+, you're probably good at certain aspects of the game but need to improve in other aspects. For example, you might have good awareness and aim but poor movement. To get to S rank, you need to identify any weaknesses you have and improve in those areas. Also, it helps to understand who your teammates are. Sometimes you will get stuck with a super defensive team who can't push the tower or secure the splat zones because they don't want to die, and sometimes you will get super offensive teammates who get a lot of kills and push the objective but fail to control the middle of the map or even your own base. If your teammates are mostly the former, then you might need to initiate pushing the objective and hope they follow. If your teammates are mostly the latter, then you might need to keep control over certain areas as well as ink over enemy ink so enemies can't swim to your base for free.

Also, don't use super jumps unless you need to be with your team immediately.

Depending on your weapon, you might want different gear.

Munchy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
lordmunchy
It really sucks sometimes, I'm usually on a roll, and I end up in a team with people who don't know how to co-operate, e.g. being childish and wanting the most kills, diverging from the actual goal of the game which is either controlling the tower, or transporting the rainmaker. Just keep playing, and if you can, get a good squad together of people you know, you can find some people on squidboards.

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
Sometimes it's you, sometimes it's not. This is not a game where you can get fed and carry the team. Solo queue is of the devil. All you can do is your personal best.

Damandatwin

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Damandatwin
Same here, except I only made it to about A- 90 and I've never gone back down to B+. Kind of demoralizing given I sailed up to A-, but it's my fault because I'm only playing for like an hour or two at most every other day; not really enough time to improve.

Also here's a tip in case you weren't aware... It can take a while to get "warmed up" so that you're playing at your peak. I think for me it takes about an hour. So if you're absolutely determined to get to A you could consider playing TW for a while to warm up to minimize your chances of playing badly in ranked.

Also, if you lose like 4 games in a row just stop for the day, or at least until the next mode comes up. Doing this is the only reason I've never dropped out of A-.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom