• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

I think Ranked mode hates me

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
I went from A- to B rank yeserday. Funny how I fell that far though. A total of 10 TIMES when my team was about to win a ranked match that dreadful message that nobody would ever want to see pops up...."The connection has been lost". Which of course took points away from my rank. However all the matches I lost the connection was perfectly fine. WTF Nintendo? My internet is perfectly fine too. This sucks...

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I went from A- to B rank yeserday. Funny how I fell that far though. A total of 10 TIMES when my team was about to win a ranked match that dreadful message that nobody would ever want to see pops up...."The connection has been lost". Which of course took points away from my rank. However all the matches I lost the connection was perfectly fine. WTF Nintendo? My internet is perfectly fine too. This sucks...
Someone else's internet may be acting up. You might want to take a break for a bit and try again later. If you climbed the rank before than you can do it now- I have had a few similar losing streaks as well and its a good way to earn cash.

XxTheWhopperxX

Inkster Jr.
NNID
XxTheWhopperxX
Don't worry, the first time I got to A+ I had the worst losing streak of my life. I went from A+ to B+ in just a couple hours. Stuff like this happens. I highly suggest when you start getting frustrated to just take a quick 10-30 minute break to relax because, and this may just be me, but when I get frustrated I tend to play poorly compared to how I normally play.

Chipvader

Inkling
NNID
Chipvader
don't worry, I was at A+ not to long ago, and now i keep bouncing back and forth from B to A

I highly suggest when you start getting frustrated to just take a quick 10-30 minute break to relax because, and this may just be me, but when I get frustrated I tend to play poorly compared to how I normally play.
and I highly suggest following this advice. you may think you could just climb back up, but if you get too frustrated, then you wont be able to concentrate as well which could lead you to doing worse (happens to me all the time)

___shan

Inkster Jr.
NNID
illegalcopy
I know how you're feeling. Sometimes I feel like the opponents have spawned from Hell and exist only to torment me :p

Seconding what the others have said here - once I'm on a losing streak I do things I'd never ever do ordinarily. If there's anything I can fall off to my death, I'll be right there.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
Thanks guys. It's good to know that I'm not the only one who's had disconnects when they were about to win

BaraBeast

Inkling
NNID
BaraBeast
Man I know your pain all too well. Was playing a Tower Control map that was super close and came down to one point overtime to win. We managed to squeeze out a victory and I was relieved. But then it happened. I saw that dreaded connection lost message DURING THE RESULTS SCREEN! I was going to rank up to A- after that match but instead was bumped down and then ran into a rage inducing losing streak. **** is rough sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom