I think too many weapons have the inkstrike as a special

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
I think Nintendo might be getting too Inkstrike happy. We need more weapons with the Kraken and Bubbler if you ask me. Out of all the weapons, the Inkstrike is on 10 of them. While the Kraken is only on 4 and the Bubbler is on 4 too I think? What do you guys think?

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I think Nintendo might be getting too Inkstrike happy. We need more weapons with the Kraken and Bubbler if you ask me. Out of all the weapons, the Inkstrike is on 10 of them. While the Kraken is only on 4 and the Bubbler is on 4 too I think? What do you guys think?
It is a matter of balancing. Ink strike is one of the weaker specials in terms of killing potential, but it is good for clearing high areas and specific areas away from you. Bubbler is strong because the invincibility obviously and you can give it to multiple team mates and Kraken is good because you can travel behind enemy lines safely, quickly, and easily.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Please no more bubblers! The amount of times an apparently confirmed kill has been converted into my own untimely splat...

But yes there are a lot of inkstrikes around at the moment, though presumably that will settle down once the novelty of the new weapons has worn off. But still, they're not a great special, to the point where they actually put me off using certain weapons, and more variety would be welcome. Aside: I've seen some pretty amusing out-of-bounds inkstrikes over the past few days - I guess fingers slipped.

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
It is a matter of balancing. Ink strike is one of the weaker specials in terms of killing potential, but it is good for clearing high areas and specific areas away from you. Bubbler is strong because the invincibility obviously and you can give it to multiple team mates and Kraken is good because you can travel behind enemy lines safely, quickly, and easily.
I agree that it is the one of the weaker specials. The inkstrike can clear an area but because the amount of time between locating a certain target and the launch animation it is hard to launch it safely without being attacked. I hate having to actively locate a safe spot to use it. I am also thankful that they didn't go with what the ink strike did in the E3 2014 trailer because that would have been a nightmare.

CoconutTank

Senior Squid
I think the devs are being very cautious about Kraken and especially cautious about Bubbler. Bubbler on a long ranged weapon would be tough to fight against. Kraken on a long ranged weapon is fine because during the duration of Kraken, the player is locked out of his/her long ranged weapon, and Kraken doesn't get shared to allies. Invincibility in general is a very tricky ability to work around.

NimbusSpark

Inkster Jr.
NNID
NimbusSpark
I am moreso questioning why so many weapons don't have the Seeker as a Sub Weapon.
Literally all I can remember those that actually have it from the top of my head is the Aerospray MG, and the .52 Gal Deco. Only two weapons. Two.

superhiero

Inkster Jr.
NNID
eRonin
The inkstrike is on a lot of sets indeed. But it is one of the few specials that can actually cover ground with ink, in a game about covering the ground with ink.

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
I am moreso questioning why so many weapons don't have the Seeker as a Sub Weapon.
Literally all I can remember those that actually have it from the top of my head is the Aerospray MG, and the .52 Gal Deco. Only two weapons. Two.
I am the same with the disruptor tbh

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
I agree with NimbusSpark and Captain Norris. The seeker and disruptor (and even the point sensor even if it is one of the most useless subs IMO) are not on enough weapons. I am a big fan of the disruptor and find it only really useful on the blaster and Nozzlenose. Custom splat jr does not have enouugh range to use it properly.

As for the seeker I can sort of see why they wpuld only limit it to 2 weapons seeing as it can be quite OP against new players. However now that a lot of players are simply jumping over them or going into squid form to avoid them we should see them coming onto more weapons in the future.

PK21

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PuffleKirby21
Yeah I was kinda annoyed that both the Slosher and Splatling have it. :/
Please no more Kraken and Bubbler, they are basically an easy button. :|
Killer Wail isn't on a lot, but isn't that useful in most situations.
Inkzooka and Echolocator are balanced, in terms of use and how many weapons have it. I understand the Inkzooka nerd in the newest patch, but I still don't understand why Echolocator was. :[
All of the Bomb Rushes need to be used more. Each is only on like 1 or 2 weapons.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I agree that it is the one of the weaker specials. The inkstrike can clear an area but because the amount of time between locating a certain target and the launch animation it is hard to launch it safely without being attacked. I hate having to actively locate a safe spot to use it. I am also thankful that they didn't go with what the ink strike did in the E3 2014 trailer because that would have been a nightmare.

Well back then maps were huge as well- very few specials actually spread a good amount of ink.

I agree disruptor, point sensor don't appear much on weapons- Same with seekers but they suck with lag.
I wish there were more ink mines or something to make bomb sniffer shoes less useless.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
I agree with NimbusSpark and Captain Norris. The seeker and disruptor (and even the point sensor even if it is one of the most useless subs IMO) are not on enough weapons. I am a big fan of the disruptor and find it only really useful on the blaster and Nozzlenose. Custom splat jr does not have enouugh range to use it properly.

As for the seeker I can sort of see why they wpuld only limit it to 2 weapons seeing as it can be quite OP against new players. However now that a lot of players are simply jumping over them or going into squid form to avoid them we should see them coming onto more weapons in the future.
The disruptor is powerful so they will only put it on specific weapons.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I will take too many weapons with Inkstrike over too many weapons with the bubble shield, tbh.

TheElite711

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Elite
Inkstrike isn't as strong as other specials though. I look at Inkstrike as "Oh no, an inconvenience, lemme just re ink that particular spot" or the "Time to get the non contested and very strong Inkstrike at the end game!" Prevalent? Yes. Stupid strong? Ehh, not really. I'm always concerned about Krakens and Bubblers (more so Krakens because of that stupid roller).

Karonax

Octobrushinobi
NNID
Karonax
The amount of times an apparently confirmed kill has been converted into my own untimely splat...
So true. The more amazing part is the sheer reaction speed people have when it comes to activating their Bubbler/Kraken. I can sneak up on somebody, be bringing my Dynamo down on their face, and they'll pop their invincibility the frame they should've been dying. @.@

Misery

Pro Squid
NNID
Xijara
Yeah, same here. Disruptor and Point Sensor arent on many things, despite that they can be pretty useful. I tend to really like "recon" abilities and such in this game, since there's a large emphasis on hiding in ink. Any player that CANT hide for a time is at a pretty big disadvantage. And of course the disruptor just makes you easier to hit as well...

But yeah, as for the overall topic here, waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy too many inkstrikes. As I've said elsewhere, I consider it the worst attack in the game; I'll not ramble about the reasons here, but suffice it to say I can think of alot of them. I was very disappointed to see that the first Splatling gun had that blasted thing; at least it has the Splash Wall to make up for it. Which is another under-used sub weapon, really.

But looking at the list of upcoming weapons on the front page, they look pretty great. Heavy Splatling Deco has Point Sensors and the Kraken. I love it already. Heck, NONE of the upcoming Splatlings (5 of them on that list) use the Inkstrike. They're really varied, same with their sub weapons.

....actually, wait. Looking at it closer just now... not even ONE weapon on that list has an Inkstrike. Not one. It should help alot, really, to give the game more options. Whole list looks great, actually... cant wait to get my hands on these. Mostly the gatlings right now. Though I also wonder what the heck a "big ball launcher" is. Whatever it is, I want one. It sounds hilarious.

A couple of these weapons though are freakishly expensive. 29900 for the Custom Hydra Splatling, yeesh.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
So true. The more amazing part is the sheer reaction speed people have when it comes to activating their Bubbler/Kraken. I can sneak up on somebody, be bringing my Dynamo down on their face, and they'll pop their invincibility the frame they should've been dying. @.@
We usually have our thumbs ready to activate it at the smallest sound. There has been a few times I accidently activated when a team mate roller started splashing around (When they get damaged their roller changes colors) and from being hit by an opponent's point senor.

Smoothshake317

Pro Squid
Hey guys, guess what?
If you checked the list of remaining weapons, you would find something interesting.

THERE ARE NO MORE WEAPONS WITH INKSTRIKE TO BE RELEASED!!

In essence, we have all of the Ink-striking weapons in the game.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
Hey guys, guess what?
If you checked the list of remaining weapons, you would find something interesting.

THERE ARE NO MORE WEAPONS WITH INKSTRIKE TO BE RELEASED!!

In essence, we have all of the Ink-striking weapons in the game.
Yeah. This was posted before the list was discovered. I'm glad that there are no more ink strike weapons. I'm really curious how the seeker rush will work out

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom