• Total voters

Scarlient

Full Squid
that is all why can i not keep it i like them there my favorite shirts

___shan

Inkster Jr.
NNID
illegalcopy
I also think it'd be kind of cool to keep them just so you can pop them on every now and then for memory's sake. It'd be kind of cool if at least for the next day or two after Splatfest the winning side could continue wearing them for bragging rights. I'm aware that most people wouldn't want to.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
I think the reason you have to hand the t-shirt back is probably technical - from a technical standpoint it's much easier to have one item called "Splatfest T-shirt" that has one icon that doesn't need updating. Also a Splatfest roughly every two weeks would mean ~24 Splatfests a year, and your inventory would be swamped by Splatfest t-shirts before long. I like the idea of collectible event items too, but the game isn't really designed to handle them.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
It'd be neat to see which Splatfests you participated in and who won, but I don't think keeping the shirt is the best way to do so. Maybe have a graffiti/sticker wall of fame over by spike with all your records like total amount of cash, amount of turf painted, K/D ratio, highest rank, how many items of gear you have out of how many items of gar there are etc.

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
It'd be neat to see which Splatfests you participated in and who won, but I don't think keeping the shirt is the best way to do so. Maybe have a graffiti/sticker wall of fame over by spike with all your records like total amount of cash, amount of turf painted, K/D ratio, highest rank, how many items of gear you have out of how many items of gar there are etc.
Yes thats what i had in mind too, would be a nice addition

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Yeah I think keeping the shirt is unneccesary, but some kind of Splatfest memento would be nice.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I guess in the (theoretical) sequel we could get something like that. I would take knowing my stats over knowing each splatfest I participated in just because the Wiki can keep track of the themes and dates of every one but every one has unique stats. So far I think you can only tell amount of turf inked with each specific weapon.

NWPlayer123

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
NWPlayer1234
I think the reason you have to hand the t-shirt back is probably technical - from a technical standpoint it's much easier to have one item called "Splatfest T-shirt" that has one icon that doesn't need updating. Also a Splatfest roughly every two weeks would mean ~24 Splatfests a year, and your inventory would be swamped by Splatfest t-shirts before long. I like the idea of collectible event items too, but the game isn't really designed to handle them.
Indeed, it's just a single shirt object, and then all (and I do mean all, from the map rotation data to the layout images and shirt images) Splatfest is downloaded, in this case when you boot it up and the news runs and it does its checks, if a Splatfest is being hosted, then it'll download shirt data, though I haven't checked if it's per region (IE I've seen the default texture from Japanese players wearing it).

It'd have to be part of the patch meaning they can't do it dynamically, they'd have to update it periodically. They might be able to get fancy and store it as a separate file in the save directory and link it from there, but I doubt they'll go that far. Can only have a max of 64MB anyways, it'd run out eventually.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Indeed, it's just a single shirt object, and then all (and I do mean all, from the map rotation data to the layout images and shirt images) Splatfest is downloaded, in this case when you boot it up and the news runs and it does its checks, if a Splatfest is being hosted, then it'll download shirt data, though I haven't checked if it's per region (IE I've seen the default texture from Japanese players wearing it).

It'd have to be part of the patch meaning they can't do it dynamically, they'd have to update it periodically. They might be able to get fancy and store it as a separate file in the save directory and link it from there, but I doubt they'll go that far. Can only have a max of 64MB anyways, it'd run out eventually.
Other region players just have their shirts appear as the default design as well as right after the splatfest people in the plaza who haven't signed in since the splatfest ended show up as having the default design, so that makes sense.

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
That would be cool but honestly other than that nothing special about the tees.It's just special saver, it's always special saver, with no brand either.

Kivvx

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kivvxnnid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4332-7325-6621
I'm especially fond of the color they chose for the marshmallow tee. Someone above mentioned though that your inventory could get swamped with splatfest shirts and I wouldn't want that.

I'd like for them to include a record of some sort of all the teams you've ever joined. But unless that happens, I'd have to do it manually myself.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
That would be cool but honestly other than that nothing special about the tees.It's just special saver, it's always special saver, with no brand either.
I think actually they are always Squidforce tees, but yeah, still nothing special, particularly since a splatfest tee optimised according to its brand (so, with 3x strength up) will be equivalent to a piece of clothing that's already in the inventory (White Layered LS).

xnox

Inkling
NNID
teinus
yeah, no. I don't see the point in a tee. some sort of momento of the occassion would be nice, 'cause at this point no one knows who took part in what, and it's a cool kind of "look, i participated in this and you didn't" thing so whatever., but not a tee.

Last edited:

Ryuho

Pro Squid
NNID
FurryRyuho
I think actually they are always Squidforce tees, but yeah, still nothing special, particularly since a splatfest tee optimised according to its brand (so, with 3x strength up) will be equivalent to a piece of clothing that's already in the inventory (White Layered LS).
Brands affect what power ups work better on equipment?

NWPlayer123

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
NWPlayer1234
Brands affect what power ups work better on equipment?
More like what abilities you're more likely or less likely to get with rerolls and I think when unlocking them too. Only thing that changes how effective they are is if it's a main (first bubble up top) or a sub (any of the 3 below it).

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
Ah I didn't know that. Thought they were neutral for some reason.

I'm actually a bit surprised that the shirt's main ability never changes. I would like it to rotate.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Ah I didn't know that. Thought they were neutral for some reason.

I'm actually a bit surprised that the shirt's main ability never changes. I would like it to rotate.
Yeah there are guides about the different brands and what not-

They probably chose the most 'Neutral' ability so people don't get something that doesn't fit well with everyone's playstyle. It would be fun if it rotated though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom