• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

I want to get into competitive play.

GearWax

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
KoopaTroopaBloop
I consider myself a decent Splatoon player and I want to get into high-level play. How can I get started? Also, none of my friends have a Switch, so don't suggest that I join a clan.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Are you S+ yet? If not, that's a start. You don't technically need to attain that rank to get competitive, but it'll both help you prepare and also look good to any prospective groups.

GearWax

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
KoopaTroopaBloop
Not S+. I didn't want to grind that much in Splatoon 1 (I'm sitting around A-), and I haven't played 2 enough (plus, I have CONSISTENTLY gotten rainmaker every rotation I'm playing, which is a little annoying).

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Well, grind comes with the territory. You're going to have to play a LOT in order to get into high-level play. Nothing teaches better than experience.

GearWax

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
KoopaTroopaBloop
Well, OK then.
I'm also gonna mention that my main is what the competitive community would call 'crap'. (Inkbrush). That could probably raise a red flag.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
There's lots of things people could recommend to you, and I'm sure other folks can do so, but really, the first thing is playing the game a ton. That's what most every pro does.

Belial

Full Squid
Really? IDK about inkbrush but the octobrush constantly destroys me still. I think bad players can give a weapon a bad wrap though so don't mind too much yet. I recommend Ranks up as well. If you get some online friends you can start league battles when you reach b- in a ranked mode.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
You really can't just jump into high competitive play from nothing, especially if you don't have the game. I'd suggest getting a Switch and the game first, getting to S+ and finding people in your area to play with. I don't really understand how tournaments are organized in Splatoon, but coming from communities like Smash Bros. I'd suggest looking around for events (either in/near your area or online.) League Mode probably recommended (which again requires having the game.)

GearWax

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
KoopaTroopaBloop
You really can't just jump into high competitive play from nothing, especially if you don't have the game. I'd suggest getting a Switch and the game first, getting to S+ and finding people in your area to play with. I don't really understand how tournaments are organized in Splatoon, but coming from communities like Smash Bros. I'd suggest looking around for events (either in/near your area or online.) League Mode probably recommended (which again requires having the game.)
Uh... I have a switch and Splatoon 2. I think you misread my post.
Again, because of how new it is, I'm only at C rank because I don't have much time to practice and because I'm grinding to get all the hero versions of weapons.
Also, where I live I'm pretty much the only guy in my neighborhood with a switch.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Uh... I have a switch and Splatoon 2. I think you misread my post.
Again, because of how new it is, I'm only at C rank because I don't have much time to practice and because I'm grinding to get all the hero versions of weapons.
Also, where I live I'm pretty much the only guy in my neighborhood with a switch.
Oh, yup, I absolutely did. Sorry. Do you have any nearby cities/etc; within your vicinity you could find to play with? You could also attempt to meet people online to play with through various communities (and obviously, Squidboards) and go from there instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom