id like to ask, being a new member what's the benefit from being here rather then discord / reddit

rip-tide

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7876-3312-2023
also umm for any folk who may want to invite me to something

my rank is (S+)
x-power average around 1900

my main is agro CJR
extra weapons i main are, Nova support, tri stringer, and rapid blaster

Oculus049

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6459-9122-3512
Moderated and managed by splatoon community so typicallly we’ll get less trolls who use anonymous names. Still will happen tho. Discord is out of the picture because the format is better for short chats. Requires everyone to be on same sever. This way everyone is on same platform and info is consolidated. Reddit’s format is fine for this type of stuff but Reddit is Reddit and has its own problems with bad actors and whatnot. Squidboards has the advantage of being its own platform so it’s a lot easier for the community to group on. There theoretically could be a better alternative but really there isn’t anything more suitable with Twitter being as awful as it is atm.

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728
splatoon reddit is hell, unorganized and filled with misinformation and salt. and reddit has a large focus on upvotes and stuff. discord is just a different experience that i don't think is better or worse, it's easier to have conversations but it's also faster (some people cant keep up or are intimidated) and info gets lost in the sea of text really quickly. also on discord it's really easy as a new person in a server to kinda just get ignored. that being said i love discord.

Shayreep

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1285-8726-3991
The problem with discord is that its a private IM service, that is to say the splatoon community on discord is splintered and spread out across many private servers that you need an invite for which is... fine in its own right, but theres no location for the community to gather publicly and discuss topics and meet other players and spread information. Its like the splatoon community is located in many private homes and theres no central hub besides Twitter??? Which is twitter and everyone hates

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Discord is a perfectly good chatroom, but people keep trying to use it for things it shouldn't be used for. It's not suitable for long-term discussions and worst of all it's not indexed by search engines.

Reddit has been slowly decaying for years. The algorithm has been more and more aggressive in pushing memes over discussion, to the point where it's impossible for a discussion thread to gain traction. Even if you could, that thread will fall off and be forgotten in less than 24 hours.

roboscout

Inkling
Discord is decentralized. There's hundreds of different servers and you can't easily reference past information.

Reddit could theoretically work, but the current subreddit is dominated by art and clips, without much discussion. You'd likely need to create a new subreddit entirely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom