Idea For A New Sub Weapon

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
So I was playing a match on Mahi Zones and I got a funny kill against a Dualies after they rolled off the stage. Classic Mahi, but it made me think that it would be funny if there was a sub that instead of doing damage did a lot of knockback to enemy players. Here is the full idea.

Bounce Bomb!
By pressing R you drop a Splat Bomb-sized object at your feet that explodes after 45 frames. The bomb explodes doing no damage but launching anyone with your ink color away from it the same amount as three color chips of knockback in Side Order. This would be used as a mobility tool for getting around the map or even up small jumps and it would cost 40% of your ink tank.
By holding R you start charging the bomb like a Fizzy. It takes 120 frames to fully charge but after 60 frames of charging it becomes throwable with lesser power. The bomb becoming throwable will be marked by it changing color or expanding in size. A fully charged bomb will have the same effect as 4 color chips of knockback while the minimum charge one will have the power of 2 color chips. This version of the sub is designed for getting stage kills by forcing people off the edge of the map or by forcing them into or away from your or an ally. Because of the versatility and range of the sub, every 10 frames of charge = 5% more of your ink tank consumed.
What do you think, is this balanced, overpowered, underpowered, funny bomb that make squid go weee? Let me know.

Tereox

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
they/them
Oh, this sounds great.

I don't know much about balance, but having the charge mechanic should imo even it out.
And it'd be situational in any case.

Grekly

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
I feel that this sub is going to be underpowered but can also be annoying due to having the potential to just troll your teammates by knocking enemies into them or potential kills away from them.
But I be lying if I didn’t say that this sub will be so fun. Curling bomb has unintentionally became my favorite sub due to the mobility it provides for weapons like roller so a sub that allows you to just jump around the map is so fun
Genuinely give splash zip plus this and I will never play another weapon ever again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom