Ideal equipment load out/ re-rolling for perfect gear.

UnLucky

Semi-Pro Squid
Special Duration Up works the same for every special: the bar drains slower while active. Inkstrike and Killer Wail drain while you aim them. So... you have more time to sit around doing nothing. Yeah.

Run Speed is great with close range/low movement penalty weapons to catch up to others, as well as just plain inking turf. I've got them on the Rockenberg boots with Ink Resistance to more or less get 100% speed on enemy ink. I swear it saves me more often than the other Ink Res pair I've got. Might not be all too necessary with all the jump shooting everyone should be doing. And just because it needs to be repeated, it definitely does not affect rollers, which is a real shame.

Swim Speed affects the Kraken, and lets you catch up to Inkbrush users. Also lets you get to the center/zone faster, escape others who also have Swim Speed, sneak tactics, juking, whatever. I'd say at least one main (or 3 subs) should be on everybody's gear.

Quick Super Jump is terrible. You basically need a full set of nothing else to see any noticeable difference. Even if you use Stealth Jump, there's no need to waste slots on this. Seriously, the cap is like -2s per jump? 3 main abilities amounts to roughly one second saved each time. You'd be better off with a single sub Quick Respawn unless you seriously relocate multiple times while still alive.

Special Saver is like, 3-5% saved per sub ability? Apparently you can keep a full bar on death at the cap, but it doesn't seem that great with only a few.

Ink Saver Main, Ink Recovery, and Special Charge Up are the most useful effects, I'd say. Perhaps not a huge bonus for each slot, but you'll never not want these benefits. Definitely interested in the individual gains here to know for sure.

Loki

Inkling
NNID
LokiOakenshield
Alright so my load out has completely changed. I've realized that damage and defense perks are so minimal that it barely makes a difference at all. I now use N-Zap 85, with a SquidStitch Cap (Opening Gambit), Dark Urban Vest (Cold Blooded), and Blue Moto boots (Ink Resistance). In Splat Zones cold blooded is super effective as echolocator is quite commonly used now. Ink Resistance has saved my life countless times, and gotten me out of tight spots.

I generally re-roll for Ink saver's, special charge ups, Ink recovery, Swim Speed, and Special duration/saver.

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
Ink Saver (Main) , Cold Blooded and Ink Resistance Up . Period. You can shoot like 5 seconds longer with Ink Saver, Cold Blooded is very effective against echolocator user like Loki already said and Ink Resistance Up lets you have a good chance in a 1v1 fight or you can escape even if you are in enemy territory.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
So... am settling on swim speed up, ninja squid, and ink resistance across the mains, then defence up, ink saver main, and run speed up across the subs. That's swapping out the excess run speed up from previous my set up for the ninja squid, which it turns out is rather useful.

Saturn

LFT mid range, former xlt
NNID
Saturnity
Switch Friend Code
SW-7252-9309-8314
So far from what I've seen, most skills are universally good for each weapon type. I think the staple skill for every loadout is stealth jump, which is equipment exclusive (so far I've only seen it on the rainbow arrows). Out of all the skills I've seen, however, bomb range up is nearly worthless. It barely increases the range, and doesn't help at all. Some other great skills include quick respawn, recon, last-ditch effort (in Turf Wars), bomb sniffer, and special charge up. To answer your second question, I know someone who got 3 quick jumps in the same gear. Remember, the more stacked the skill is, the last efficient it is
Bomb range works really well if you have a short range weapon. Combining it with squid momentum lets you challenge most chargers from outside their range.

D

Deleted Member

Ninja Jump
Ninja Squid
Cold-Blooded
Swim Speed Up
Ink-Saver Main
Ink Recovery
Ink Resistance Up

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
I like Ink Saver Sub because it lets me shoot a little bit longer after throwing out a Splash Wall or Suction Bomb AND lets me spend less time in ink reloading. Both are great when flushing out enemies.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Of course. You only have 3 main abilities. They're all great. Pick whichever ones suit your wants and needs.
Ink Resistence Up is a main ability, too. And Ninja Jump and Ink Resistance Up are both exclusive for shoes, so you can't have both.

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
I've heard Spyke can give you 1/2 star equipment with three slots, is this true?
Can confirm this is 100% true. Paid 100k this morning for fake contacts with three ink recovery ups.

I use them alongside rockenberg boots with three run speeds and a shrimp pink polo with three ink saver mains.

I'm working on the White headband with ink recovery, hoping for three damage up subs for when I use the gal in ranked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom