If locals become a thing.

NotAPerso

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PersocomLover
Would you have any issues finding a local squad? Would you balance between two squads online and local or just focus on local if you can find one?

This is the one thing that worries me the most if local tournaments started being held. I don't know anyone local at my skill level in Splatoon and the pool of people is much smaller to find those I could work with well local. I'd be excited to go to a local I just hope I could find people to play with.

Power

Inkling Commander
Being from NYC, I would imagine it could be far easier than many other places to find a squad. If you do happen to find people that go to local tournies, you could just play online with them and form a team.

BtheDestroyer

Full Squid
What do you mean "if locals become a thing"?

A friend just came over to my house yesterday and we did ranked/squad in the same room. I need to get my other two squad members to actually show up once in the future, but here are two things you can do to find people:

1. Talk to people you know. I know, weird right? You can, like, have friends in real life and actually talk to them and stuff.

2. This site literally has a section of it for finding people to play with.

1o2

Inkling Cadet
What do you mean "if locals become a thing"?

A friend just came over to my house yesterday and we did ranked/squad in the same room. I need to get my other two squad members to actually show up once in the future, but here are two things you can do to find people:

1. Talk to people you know. I know, weird right? You can, like, have friends in real life and actually talk to them and stuff.

2. This site literally has a section of it for finding people to play with.
The OP is referring to when a local scene develops with the heavily hinted at LAN Tourney mode, with the Nintendo Direct saying you could host local tourneys and all.. I think what they are talking about is since they are better than everyone they know locally who plays Splatoon it might be hard to play locally because he/she would just obliterate all competition.

BTW, how did you play with your friend in the same room? Two Wii U's?

Charlight

Meme Spy
The OP is referring to when a local scene develops with the heavily hinted at LAN Tourney mode, with the Nintendo Direct saying you could host local tourneys and all.. I think what they are talking about is since they are better than everyone they know locally who plays Splatoon it might be hard to play locally because he/she would just obliterate all competition.

BTW, how did you play with your friend in the same room? Two Wii U's?
In the Direct they only said they'd show how you can host tourneys in the sense of sharing their rulesets. Splatoon LAN already exists due to the way the game works (P2P connection). If you hook up 8 Wii U's to a switch, a private battle is going to be LAN, you probably just need an internet connection to initiate the private battle.

OctobrushMingey

Inkling
NNID
M1NGEY
You could even try posting something at a local gamestop or comic shop like, "local players sought for splatoon squad." Sorry if this sounds dumb, but I hope this helps!

Drluigi

Inkling
NNID
Drluigi1337
Well, let's take a look at how a local would work today:

The venue would have to be huge, Every single player would need to bring their own Wii U, and you would need a CRAPTON of TV's. For a player on a squad to swap out, they would have to shut off their wii u and unplug it, and their teammate would plug their's in and boot up the game. Unless you have a hundred electrical outlets or surge protectors, or a bunch of expensive gas powered generators and hundreds of gallons of gasoline to fill them, you're screwed.

Unless we get that LAN support, then this is how we're gonna have to do it.
(I know someone's gonna come up with a more elaborate way, I just know it.)

OctobrushMingey

Inkling
NNID
M1NGEY
Well, let's take a look at how a local would work today:

The venue would have to be huge, Every single player would need to bring their own Wii U, and you would need a CRAPTON of TV's. For a player on a squad to swap out, they would have to shut off their wii u and unplug it, and their teammate would plug their's in and boot up the game. Unless you have a hundred electrical outlets or surge protectors, or a bunch of expensive gas powered generators and hundreds of gallons of gasoline to fill them, you're screwed.
I suppose the only reason that everyone would have to bring their own wii u is gear preference, as each wii u in the tourney would likely have all the weapons unlocked.

DeltaFixer

Full Squid
NNID
RCDelta
I suppose the only reason that everyone would have to bring their own wii u is gear preference, as each wii u in the tourney would likely have all the weapons unlocked.
I'm pretty sure that the local Splatoon tournament being done in Japan does not require players to bring their own Wii Us. They all play with the school amiibo gear. I can see how a lot of people would be against that because they're so used to playing with their normal gear/abilities, but if you want to do a local it makes more sense than making everyone bring their own console IMO. The idea of a local is kind of a novelty though, online tournaments will pretty much always be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom