• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

If Splatoon got an animated series

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
I always picture a Splatoon anime being like the Pokemon anime. The protagonist would be naive about the world of Splatoon but badly wants to be S+ rank and faces off against various weapons types learning the differences through battle and making friends and foes.

Sgo-J

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yulwei
It should be about a single inkling of C- rank gathering a team of equally hopeless squids and making it to S+ rank going through all the modes and maps and making friends and rivals along the way. A s they near S rank that's when you bring in the Octolings to shake up the plot and once they're defeated have the ultimate battle of Rainmaker in which our protagonist gets the dunk to win the tournament and get S+ rank

Sgo-J

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yulwei
I want something that can transition between slice-of-life at Booyah Base, family life with the Squid Sisters, a tournament arc covering a squad's struggle to climb to S+ rank greatness, and the drama and action of an Octoling Invasion arc.
The Sisters would always be supporting mentor esque characters or info dumpers

Kirbykirby74

Inkling
NNID
Kirbykirby56
I have an interesting idea? What if the main protagonist went to fight off the octarians and got cursed or something along the way, yeilding some sort of negative effect (Like maybe turning into an octarian randomly, losing control, or even.. RAINBOW INK! lol) and the MP has to deal with that on a way to S+. The rival gang might also be getting help from the octarians, and may have some sort of army invade a game of (mode here) and attempt to take over the system.

Quick Edit: This is just some random thing I just came up with.
It should be noted that I'm hyper on sugar rn.

Templar

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TemplarAnimated
Main thing I would want was Agent 3 to meet up with the Protagonist in a way that if Red met Ash in Pokemon, e.g Agent 3 was already one of the best players in the world with an S+ team who would show up solo part of time to meet the main protagonist. Even if it was done like Yu Gi Oh GX where Yugi met Jaden in the first 5 minutes of the first episode.

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
Main thing I would want was Agent 3 to meet up with the Protagonist in a way that if Red met Ash in Pokemon, e.g Agent 3 was already one of the best players in the world with an S+ team who would show up solo part of time to meet the main protagonist. Even if it was done like Yu Gi Oh GX where Yugi met Jaden in the first 5 minutes of the first episode.
funny you mention that: that's actually part of my own script.
I'll post it later, if you want.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Y'all can beat me up later for saying this, but I feel it'd be interesting if it were a show that didn't really have a plot. Similar to how Spongebob episodes are.
I dont personally want that, but the Splatooniverse has all the quirkiness that could make it work and be successful. Plus, it could have longer specials with a contained story arc/conflict if they chose to do so, kind of like the Dexter's Lab Ego Trip "movie"

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
I feel like we should at least get a Splatoon OVA, but of course a series would be preferable.

I'm honestly not concerned with what they do with the story, as long as it's not a train wreck. If we get to explore the world of Splatoon more and get likable characters, I'm happy.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Y'all can beat me up later for saying this, but I feel it'd be interesting if it were a show that didn't really have a plot. Similar to how Spongebob episodes are.
I'm cool with that, but can I beat you up later anyway? =p

Be a fun way to flesh out the Splatverse. Especially in ways a focused, single, sports-focused storyline wouldn't have the time or space to allow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom