If you could add any three things...

AlsoDededork649

Pro Squid
NNID
DARandall4711
What would you add?
For me, it's kind of tough. I would at least want
1) The ability to change gear mains for 50K or 2 snails, but they'd be rolled.
2) Customizable weapons
3) The ability to quit rooms after you join them

EDIT: For #2, what I meant was you could change the kits, add certain stickers/ brands (Custom E-Liter 3K Scope Neo, anyone?) but the weapons would still function exactly the same.

Last edited:

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
What would you add?
For me, it's kind of tough. I would at least want
1) The ability to change gear mains for 50K or 2 snails, but they'd be rolled.
2) Customizable weapons
3) The ability to quit rooms after you join them
1) is a cool idea. it could allow people to have the style AND the slots. but having to choose is kinda part of the fun, dont you think?
2) effectively game breaking if you're taking about modifying stats and kits. i wouldn't mind cosmetic customization, though.
3) no opinion

I would like:
1) similar to yours, but individual slot re-rolls. nothing is stopping people from save-scumming for perfect gear, so they might as well stream-line it to some degree.
2) change weapons/gear without leaving lobby in solo ranked
3) hairstyles?

i dunno. IN B4 OCTOLINGS

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
1. Better matchmaking. Something like TrueSkill, or anything that uses Bayesian probability and aggregate performance metrics would be a huge step in the right direction.

2. Different game modes. A survival or obstacle course team race could be fun. Spectator mode or sandbox mode would be great additions too.

3. Squad bases with the option for squads to attack other squad bases to raid their sea snail vaults.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
1) More hats from the Squidforce brand.
2) For 2 Sea Snails, you can re-roll just the last two subs. (For 3, roll just the last slot.)
3) ...Octolings? (I'm sorry @birdiebee not at all)

...eesh, these are kinda bad. I'd better brainstorm some better ones.
Haha, I'm really not personally opposed to Octolings! but I know how crazed the octo fans are. I just like poking fun :p

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
1) A legitimate tourney mode to help streamline the tourneys we have and appeal to the competitive scene more. We can have options for regular tourneys and long-running leagues like LUTI.
2) More music acts. Yeah, the bands we currently have the best-known in Inkopolis but I'd still like some more variety while I'm battling.
3) Official names for the weapon manufacturers other than Ammo Knights, Cuttlegear and Nintendo. We already have those for the gear brands, so this should be the next step to flesh out the world more.

Those were just the first three that came up in my head. There are other things I'd like to see that were already mentioned (hairstyles, improved matchmaking, Octolings,...).

warghoul

Inkling Cadet
some really good ideas here so i will not repeat.

I would like to see a Metriod style bomb you can drop in squid mode.
Time between map changes shortened.
Not a game breaker but voice chat option would be nice.

AlsoDededork649

Pro Squid
NNID
DARandall4711
Ooh, just thought up another one - custom gear! You could go into one of the shops after reaching Level 50, and they'd say something like, "WOW, YOUR FRESHNESS IS OUT OF THIS WORLD! You're the freshest squid in Inkopolis? Why don't you start making your own gear?" And then you could choose what it looks like, what it's called, the main, and the brand. However, you can't have, for example, Damage Up main and Squidforce. A trade off for how OP this would be is it would cost 50K and/or you can't reroll the slots.

Ink dweller

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jchalla
I don't like the 3 gear ideas thing, so I'm doing what I want.

1. Highlight reels (like MK8S highlight reel, and a turf war timelapse.)

2. Live battle viewing(ex. You can watch any player play Splatoon live)

3. Lan support.

4.A more widely available map selection. I'm thinking 20 maps at launch(The map selection is like MK 8 online where there are 4 maps to choose from including random, then the game randomly picks the map.

5. Worldwide AND regional server options( That way, if we're looking for harder competition, we would choose worldwide because let's face it, the Japanese and the Europeans are better than us North Americans.

6. More weapons, AND gear. Nintendo can make multiple contests for weapon ideas, and gear ideas, but they'll probably be for the Japanese. (Good thing Japanese have a great sense of style)

7. Voice chat. Now, you can only choose voice chat during Regional server play. You can also mute players. Now, in order to make the voice chat open for a more mature audience, voice chat will be open to people 13 years or older. And you have to buy a specific line of headsets.

8. Less of a disconnection penalty. If you disconnect during ranked battles, your rank goes down. Now they can fix that by allowing you to reconnect to a battle. But that will mean that both teams get notified of your reconnection, but it's better than losing your rank. It's also good for tournaments.

9. Bigger stuff. By that I mean 8 on 8 matches.(but you can still choose 4 on 4)With a player size 2 times that of the original game, you need to make maps 2 times bigger. More snipe spots, not just one main area of control. Flank points, and more

10. Drone stations(four in 8 v 8 maps, and two in 4 v 4 maps)

11. Turrets (sniping turrets, and Android squids)

12. Ink crossbow/ ink bow and arrow weapon class.

13. The ability to change gear and weapons in between games

14. Custom gear perks. That means that you can spam damage up or run speed up all you like.

15. Custom weapon sets (ex. 96 gal with an ink mine, and inkzooka

16. Weapon decals. Along with the main weapons having decals, the sub, and special have decals too. They could be accessible via amiibo, or daily log-ins. There will also be weapon decals not accessible via amiibo.

17. Offline ranked, and regular battles. The enemy, and ally inklings work on an algorithm that makes their strategies change, and skill go up when set.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
1. More Squidforce hats and shoes, more Takora hats, more Scallop shoes, more Krack-On hats, more Rockenberg hats. Just want a few more gear opportunities.
2. For the price of 50,000 gold or two super sea snails, you can combine two pieces of gear. Select one to have the main/sub abilities, while the other has the appearance. Allows one to choose style AND abilities.
3. Reduce the cost for rerolling and adding slots to 25,000. Somewhat overpriced for something so RNG based. Possibly add more snails to Splatfest if they want to balance that too.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Well, I promised I'd be back with better ideas, and I'm a squid of my word.

1) The time between rotations is shortened from 4 hours to 2. (More of a change than an addition, really.)
2) Same as last time: for 2 Sea Snails, you can re-roll just the last two subs on any gear item. (For 3, you can roll just the last slot.)
3) If a squiddo disconnects mid-battle, an AI bot with the same gear and weapon will take its place.

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
1) An option to play online splitscreen with someone on the same console. Me and my sister love to play games together online such as MK8, Smash, etc. and we were really hoping for that option here as well.

2) Pro-controller support (which would probably be necessary for the above). It would probably be kind of awkward, but possible.

3) The ability to choose which mode you want to play at all times. And, if possible, the ability to play Ranked modes but in Regular would be nice too. Like you click Regular, and another menu shows up asking which mode you'd like to play with Turf War at the top and the rest below.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
1. choose game type and just use random maps
2. be able to delete gear you don't want to scroll through
3. leave a room if its not filling up

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
  • More singleplayer assets in multiplayer. Like, the ink rails. And the ink cannon. Come on, that was only used in, like, two levels of the already short campaign. To have them not used in multiplayer, the game's main attraction, is a waste.
  • Not really an addition, but a change: Instead of having three sub-abilities on gear, consolidate them into one main sub-ability with the same power as three under the current system. As of right now, leveling up and rerolling gear is frustrating, because more often then not, you end up with an amalgam of different sub-abilities that don't really add up to anything substantial.
  • A stage builder/editor similar to Halo's Forge.
    • ...there are a lot of things Halo does I'd love to see in this game.
  • GIANT SQUID MECHAS

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom