• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

If you could make a new weapon class, what would it be?

ThepicfailGamer

Inkster Jr.
There are 5 main classes in Splatoon: Shooters, Rollers, Chargers, Splatlings, and Slosher, and if you want, Inkbrush, as a sixth. Instead of seeing duplicates of weapons, with different subs and special weapons, what would your new weapon class that isn't in Splatoon?
Level:31
NNID:will54321

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
A flying DJ booth complete with missile launchers, minion spawners, and speaker lasers. That, or "painter's mitt" boxing gloves. Instead of splatting someone, you knock them into the stratosphere with the KO sound from the NES version of Punch Out.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
Nuke. It's just one weapon with no subs or specials. Broken in turf and ranked. How you use it is once a match starts put it down anywhere and wait 10 seconds. After 10 seconds a tsunami floods the field in your teams ink killing all enemy inklings, immediately captures all zones in SZ, and picks up the tower and rainmaker in the tsunamis current and brings it all the way to the goal in TC and Rainmaker. Once used, the match is over and your team wins, and nets you 9999 points in turf wars and 99 splats. The only way to get this weapon is if you play Splatoon from level 1-50 and lose every single match you play.

This post is a complete joke btw lol

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Spray can?
I like this idea. It could be difficult to kill with, have kind of a crippling disruptor-like effect (except inflicts damage) with medium range (closer range, more crippling). Give it a good offensive sub like burst bombs or splat bombs. I'm not sure how well it would turf.

It could also give a lingering poison-like effect that leaves your opponent close to death for a few extra seconds than it would normally take to recover. Or does that sound too crappy?

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Anything like the first or forth weapons here.

(Dynamo Roller + E-Liter and Shot Gun Gauntlets)

Fight me m8.

Last edited:

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I've a few ideas of my own:

Splatomizer: Works kind of like what @birdiebee described for a spray can--a bottle or tank attached to a nozzle that sprays out ink vapor. Said vapor cripples foes with a temporary "poison" effect they can resist by hiding in their own ink. However, you have to aim really close to the ground to ink turf; these weapons' loadouts would need to contain bombs and/or specials that can ink reliably to offset this handicap. I can see a few weapon manufacturers tackle this differently--either Dolphin Turf Solutions or Neo Construction would make their Splatomizer out of a perfume or lotion bottle, while Custom Power appropriates an old fire extinguisher. Splat Basics would also collaborate with Splash Mob for the variant on their own version.

Caulker: A weaponized caulking gun with caulk tube attached. Sprays a constant stream of ink as long as the fire button is held and there is ink in the tank. Ink efficiency, range and user mobility would vary by manufacturer. If Splat Basics made a Caulker, they'd collaborate with Rockenberg for the variant.

Pumppack: A backpack with a hose attached. Works like the Caulker except it needs to charge up to maximum pressure in order to have maximum range. Again, ink efficiency, range and mobility would vary by manufacturer. Inkline would be more than glad to sponsor the variant of Splat Basics's own model.

Splatboard: A skateboard with paint rollers for wheels, simply because the game didn't already feel 90s enough. You splat opponents by landing tricks upon them, and to stop riding it you have to become a squid. The Splat Basics version would have its variant sponsored by Zekko.

Bowler: Lobs a ball of ink upon the ground. The ball would then either 1) gradually shrink on same-color ink or unpainted turf (speeding up on the former), or 2) slow down and expand on enemy ink until it explodes, splatting any foes nearby. The ball will also explode upon contact with a wall or enemy. The key factors distinguishing different manufacturer's models would be initial size of ball, rate of size and speed change, and lob speed. Custom Power would make its Bowler out of the frame of a circular saw, while War Deco would use a black plastic bowl. Meanwhile, the Splat Bowler would have its variant sponsored by Takoroka.

I should probably crack open Photoshop and make mock-ups for these weapon classes.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Gonna repost my thoughts from earlier in the month:

Heh, the first real "new" weapon that comes to mind is the Octotrooper Assault Vehicle.

...that actually could work if they were so inclined. They have the main assets already, they'd just have to remodel the joystick or something to include a trigger. I don't know what the subs & special would be though (probably something basic, like Burst Bombs & the Echolocator, with the Twintacle variant having the Splash Wall and Killer Wail or such).
Other than that though? I've been trying to think up some sort of Inkwerfer for a while, but the best I can think of so far is a cross between the Killer Wail and a splatling.I get the feeling there's some redundancy with that.

Varonth

Inkling
NNID
Varonth
Rework Splatlings so they differ from Chargers.

Just like shooters, splatlings should start firing immediatly, but fire speed and range should ramp up while maintaining fire.

At the same time, movement speed slows down as the weapons fire speed ramps up.

Jinx129

Senior Squid
NNID
Jinx129
Nuke. It's just one weapon with no subs or specials. Broken in turf and ranked. How you use it is once a match starts put it down anywhere and wait 10 seconds. After 10 seconds a tsunami floods the field in your teams ink killing all enemy inklings, immediately captures all zones in SZ, and picks up the tower and rainmaker in the tsunamis current and brings it all the way to the goal in TC and Rainmaker. Once used, the match is over and your team wins, and nets you 9999 points in turf wars and 99 splats. The only way to get this weapon is if you play Splatoon from level 1-50 and lose every single match you play.

This post is a complete joke btw lol
****!!! I really wanted that and was going to make a brand new profile and recruit friends to turf with and be brand new and do that 1-50 loser thing. Way to burst my ink bubble. :(

ThepicfailGamer

Inkster Jr.
They really need to edit the splatlings' settings, because it should not have to charge up and fire, charge up and fire, so splatlings would be op.

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
Furrrst of all:
There are 5 main classes in Splatoon: Shooters, Rollers, Chargers, Splatlings, and Slosher, and if you want, Inkbrush, as a sixth.
You forgot about Blasters.

Second of all, I like the Splatlings ow they are, the ZMS is amazing.

Third of all, I'd like an ink pen type weapon that I guess you could put in the "brush" category, but works more like a sword with a slower swing rate and a two hit KO, though i'm not sure how it would ink turf. I don't see it flinging ink very efficiently, in fact, I think it would be the least effective weapon for inking turf in the game (even worse than the bamboozler). Maybe It could have a thinner line than the inkbrush and be even faster? Make it an inkredible offensive weapon, but terrible at inking. That sounds like a fair trade-off, right?

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Furrrst of all:

You forgot about Blasters.

Second of all, I like the Splatlings ow they are, the ZMS is amazing.

Third of all, I'd like an ink pen type weapon that I guess you could put in the "brush" category, but works more like a sword with a slower swing rate and a two hit KO, though i'm not sure how it would ink turf. I don't see it flinging ink very efficiently, in fact, I think it would be the least effective weapon for inking turf in the game (even worse than the bamboozler). Maybe It could have a thinner line than the inkbrush and be even faster? Make it an inkredible offensive weapon, but terrible at inking. That sounds like a fair trade-off, right?
I was thinking of something like that, but I fear it would be way too bad at inking to be viable. Perhaps a swing would launch a sharp and powerful crescent-shaped ink blast at about inkbrush range. But the swings would have to be quite slow as you said. Like a heavy sword?

ThepicfailGamer

Inkster Jr.
Well, Blasters can be a class, but it is technically still part of the Shooter Class, but whatever

EP2274

Inkster Jr.
Well, I'd love to add myself in here.
I had the exact same idea as you before. Although, I thought of it as more of a sword. A sword handle that has a hose attached from it to the ink tank on the back of the Inkling. Then when they hold ZR it starts turned to the left at a 90 degree angle, and then it charges up into a vertical slice that had significant range. When you let go of ZR it would send out a stream of ink depending on the angle of the sword and the charge of the weapon. If I haven't explained it well enough, then image a samurai sword with a hose attached to it that shoots ink. That's my idea of a good weapon class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom