I'm just not a fan of Splattershot Pro

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
The Forge Pro (point sensor and inkzooka) in S1 was definitely better than the current Pro. The main difference is that point sensors seem to have been nerfed.

They now use more ink, but they hang around longer - imo not a good trade, because if someone sees a point sensor it's not like they're going to walk into it - which means that you have to run more ink efficiency abilities, which restricts your other gear options.

It's still a good weapon (ThatSRB2Dude - who plays for the best team in the world and is imo the best player - uses it regularly in tournament), it's just that now you have to play it as a support weapon; you can't really play aggressively.

the

Inkling Commander
Cool, now another question.

Say that you do not have the splatnet2 app, and therefore cannot order gears with different main abilities.
Is it possible then to order a gear from splatnet2 by another player through Murch?
And will it keep the main ability initially ordered or will be rendered back to default in-game main ability?
Yeah that is possible. I got some ink saver main shoes from the plaza that usually have drop-roller. So you can share splatnet gear with other ppl by playing a private match with them and having them order it off you.

The Forge Pro (point sensor and inkzooka) in S1 was definitely better than the current Pro. The main difference is that point sensors seem to have been nerfed.

They now use more ink, but they hang around longer - imo not a good trade, because if someone sees a point sensor it's not like they're going to walk into it - which means that you have to run more ink efficiency abilities, which restricts your other gear options.

It's still a good weapon (ThatSRB2Dude - who plays for the best team in the world and is imo the best player - uses it regularly in tournament), it's just that now you have to play it as a support weapon; you can't really play aggressively.
I dunno, I think the trade-off of extra ink for a lasting effect is better than it seems at face value. Of course nobody will want to walk into a point sensor if they see it, so you can use that knowledge to predict where they might go next. If you look at it like a way to limit your opponent's movement options, it becomes useful for locating your enemies even if you aren't technically "locating" them!

Last edited:

inkcan

Semi-Pro Squid
I dunno, I think the trade-off of extra ink for a lasting effect is better than it seems at face value. Of course nobody will want to walk into a point sensor if they see it, so you can use that knowledge to predict where they might go next. If you look at it like a way to limit your opponent's movement options, it becomes useful for locating your enemies even if you aren't technically "locating" them!
This. This is what the weapon is designed to do in this game. It is a damned good weapon of you put it's concept to use. The kit for it is not aggro, it is instead strategy, creating and maintaining choke points for your team. I can see the Splattershot Pro getting tournament use on the right teams with that kit and the right perks.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
Disliking the Pro is reasonable. For me, it uses too much ink to fire than I would like (some ink saver mains can help alleviate that but that means you can't some other abilities). Its damage and range compensate for the ink usage though. I'm pretty sure point sensor doesn't use THAT much ink (though I'm not too sure on its consumption myself). It's great for dissuading others from going into a certain area as well as allowing your team to keep tabs on the other team. Ink Storm isn't too bad. If placed correctly, you can really hinder the other team's movement options. I used to think it sucked until I saw what it was meant to do and how to use it. I do miss having more offensive options with the Pro, but I feel having Point Sensor and Ink Storm works with this set.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
When the rapid blaster pro jobs, I can't wait to use thermal ink. Kind of the perfect way to splat people from behind cover.
Thermal Ink doesn't work great on the Rapid Blaster. First, the effect only kicks in on a direct hit, not on blaster splash damage. Second, the minimum range of the Thermal Ink is slightly greater than the maximum range of the Rapid Blaster, so it's impossible to set it up so that you can see them and hit them at the same time.

I love the idea of Thermal Ink, but I haven't found a weapon it works well on except the Jet Squelcher and maybe the Heavy Splatling. That minimum range rule really hurts it.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Thermal Ink doesn't work great on the Rapid Blaster. First, the effect only kicks in on a direct hit, not on blaster splash damage. Second, the minimum range of the Thermal Ink is slightly greater than the maximum range of the Rapid Blaster, so it's impossible to set it up so that you can see them and hit them at the same time.

I love the idea of Thermal Ink, but I haven't found a weapon it works well on except the Jet Squelcher and maybe the Heavy Splatling. That minimum range rule really hurts it.
That's why I said the rapid blaster PRO, my man.

(But the splash damage point is a good one.)

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
That's why I said the rapid blaster PRO, my man.
Whoops, I read "Deco" by mistake. I'll try it and see how it works, but you'd still have to get a direct hit at near maximum range first. I have a feeling I'd get more mileage out of Haunt anyway.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Whoops, I read "Deco" by mistake. I'll try it and see how it works, but you'd still have to get a direct hit at near maximum range first. I have a feeling I'd get more mileage out of Haunt anyway.
For most modes, I'm going to use respawn punisher with a blaster, but I think splat zones and turf could be interesting if this works with the blaster pro. Having to get a direct hit first makes it less so, but not entirely useless.

I've really only seen jet squelchers use it (as you said), which makes me think anything in the splatter shot pro range (which is about the same as the rapid pro) might not work as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom