I'm looking for brush weapon Damage Up damage breakdown.

PbZeppelin

Inkling
I've tried looking but can't find what I need.

Updated for the octobrush isn't needed but definitely the ink brush.

Would someone link to an easy to read guide or post the breakdown of how the damage up ability affects the brushes please.

kinetik07

Senior Squid
Did my own testing a while back for ink brush. If you're right next to your opponent, one swing damage will always be 28, so this list is for damage that's done a few steps away at the "sweet spot" tip of the brush. Also, If you stagger your swings a bit, you'll do more damage sometimes, but it's not practical, so this list was made using only rapid swinging.
The columns represent the range of damage you can do with a certain amount of swings:
If you do any damage with these setups that are not on the list, the ink splatters are falling, meaning the first splash can do anywhere between 14 and 28 dmg.

Using 3x main damage up abilities goes over the hits-to-splat cap a little, so, I'm not 100% sure, but you might want to use 2x main damage up + 2x sub damage up.

Conclusion:
The brush swings have a big random factor to them. Visually, two big splashes and one small splash comes out with every swing, and where they go is completely random. From testing, it seems like damage is calculated by how many of the splashes hit your opponent and how quickly. For example, if all three splashes hit near-simultaneously, the first splash will do 28 dmg, and the 2nd and 3rd splash will do 3.5 dmg each, which brings it to 35 dmg with one swing. If, say, the first 2 splashes hit near simultaneously and the 3rd splash hits a fraction of a second later, they could add up to 56 dmg.

I don't know if the big splashes do more or less damage than the small splash, but they don't appear to be any different.

With damage ups, you're more likely to kill your opponent in 3-4 swings, rather than 4-5 swings without.

Reactions: Lyn

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Did my own testing a while back for ink brush. If you're right next to your opponent, one swing damage will always be 28, so this list is for damage that's done a few steps away at the "sweet spot" tip of the brush. Also, If you stagger your swings a bit, you'll do more damage sometimes, but it's not practical, so this list was made using only rapid swinging.
The columns represent the range of damage you can do with a certain amount of swings:
If you do any damage with these setups that are not on the list, the ink splatters are falling, meaning the first splash can do anywhere between 14 and 28 dmg.

Using 3x main damage up abilities goes over the hits-to-splat cap a little, so, I'm not 100% sure, but you might want to use 2x main damage up + 2x sub damage up.

Conclusion:
The brush swings have a big random factor to them. Visually, two big splashes and one small splash comes out with every swing, and where they go is completely random. From testing, it seems like damage is calculated by how many of the splashes hit your opponent and how quickly. For example, if all three splashes hit near-simultaneously, the first splash will do 28 dmg, and the 2nd and 3rd splash will do 3.5 dmg each, which brings it to 35 dmg with one swing. If, say, the first 2 splashes hit near simultaneously and the 3rd splash hits a fraction of a second later, they could add up to 56 dmg.

I don't know if the big splashes do more or less damage than the small splash, but they don't appear to be any different.

With damage ups, you're more likely to kill your opponent in 3-4 swings, rather than 4-5 swings without.
I don't think it could be put any more clearly than you, but yeah. It kills in about 3-4 swings. :scared:

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
From what I could see, Defense Ups do increase the amount of "hits-to-splat" of the brushes (note that I didn't say swings, but one can lead to the other), so Damage Up is actually very effective; almost .52 Gal effective

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom