Im looking for help on gear setup.

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
I have 2 of the 3 pieces i like shirt is the one im missing.

Octarian Goggles (sorry i just like it too much)
----
Icy Down Boots

i need help with what upgrades i need to put on these.

Prefered weapon is a Kelp Splatterscope.

JoshDaBoss27

Inkster Jr.
Here's a list I made of SOME (not listing all) abilities ranked from great all the way down to nearly useless.

Great
Ink resistance up
Cold-blooded (sounds really bad from the description but it literally only lets you get tracked for 2.0 seconds which is insanely useful)
Ninja Squid (If you like camping)
Stealth Jump (makes it excessively easy to super jump safely)

Good
Bomb range up (good as main & decent as sub)

O.K.
Comeback (gives some boosts but not enough to have a significant effect)
Ink recovery up (this is good for sloshers though)
Opening Gambit
Recon

Bad
Special duration up (only good with 3 mains but ain't nobody got slots for that :/ )
Ink saver main
Last-ditch effort (gives 2 big boosts but may not come into effect during ranked)

Terrible
Quick Respawn (with 3 mains it only shortens it by 1 second)
Swim Speed up (even with the 1.3 update it still sucks)
Run Speed up (this is popular, but it only shortens an 11-second run with no mains or subs to 9 seconds with 2 mains)

Nearly useless
Tenacity (at max speed it takes you >40 seconds of doing no inking to charge and at lowest speed it takes you >2 minutes of no inking to charge)

Just remember that this is not a complete list, but I put some of the most common and popular abilities. Stay fresh!​

Last edited:

GreenSpiny

Full Squid
Hey Zerul. Like most chargers, Damage Up abilities are popular on the Kelp Splatterscope to let you splat enemies with less charge. Ink Recovery Up is good because you will be chugging a lot of ink, especially with the Sprinkler. Fortunately the Icy Down Boots are likely to roll that. Cold-Blooded is popular to avoid being tagged. And I don't know how useful Recon really is, but it could make for extremely safe jumps alongside your Stealth Jump.

I don't recommend running the Octoling Goggles because Bomb Range Up doesn't help your weapon at all. But if you're going for style, I respect that.

Hope this helps!

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
The goggles are a neutral brand so anything can roll on that. I'd try for damage up or swim speed up. Damage up helps chargers even with the nerf and swim speed is great on everything. Although, as previously mentioned, its primary perk doesn't really help you (bomb range doesn't affect sprinkler). It would be ok for a vanilla splatterscope though.

The boots are tentatek so they will naturally tend to roll ink recovery up, which is really useful for chargers.

For a shirt, part-time pirate :clothes_tly007: is really good as it gives you damage up and naturally rolls ink recovery. Ink Saver main is also helpful as it helps you get another shot off, but not as good as ink recovery for chargers since you'll usually be in a spot to recover ink.

Quick super jump might help because it offsets the slowed jump speed of stealth jump. Otherwise it isn't too useful outside of gimmick builds.

tl:dr: damage up and ink recovery up are really helpful for chargers. Swim speed is helpful for everyone.

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
thank you but i know i need

Damage Up
Ink Recovery Up
Launch speed up
and cold blooded

i have 9 slots to work with which one do i need more of?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom